- Apart from the boring lectures and seminars, students are exposed to the practical aspect of physiotherapy from the word go by getting placements in real life scenarios and hospitals.
- It is one of the most exciting and dynamic careers if you like to work with people. You learn how to give people a great massage and alleviate their pain.
- Physiotherapists are in high demand in every sector, and you can get physiotherapy jobs easily especially in the sport and rehabilitation sectors, and they get paid really well.
- A degree in physiotherapy equips you to work in research, administration, neurological and musculoskeletal care and there is no limit to how much you can further your career.
- Whether you choose to work in the sports industry, hospital setting or rehabs or go into research, your job will always be out and about, and there are no chances of being bored in the office all day.
Placement to different work environment begins in the second year of training, and you will be taken to hospitals, rehab centers, and gyms to get practical experience. You need to get a National Police Certificate and First Aid Certificate before placement, and some places require you to undergo a Working with Children Check. In the course of the three years, you will be placed in different locations, so you get to experience various scenarios.
As exciting as it is to complete your physiotherapy degree, you should consider undertaking a master’s degree and specialize in a specific area. Entry-level physiotherapists in NHS hospitals, private clinics, schools and sports club perform a wide range of duties and practice almost everything they learn in school. When you specialize in one field, you become a highly sought-after expert who commands a higher pay and respect.