About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Contribute to groundbreaking research in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine within the prestigious Clem Jones Centre for Regenerative Medicine.
- Join a leading research team working towards the development of advanced cell therapies for retinal diseases.
- Develop your research knowledge and experience in cell biology, genetics, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
Senior Research Assistant
Clem Jones Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
Full Time, Fixed Term Appointment for 2 Years
Position Reference No: 100783746
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- 36.75 hour standard work week
- Access to flexible work/work from home arrangements#
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- 17.5% of base salary leave loading
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position
The Clem Jones Centre for Regenerative Medicine was established by Bond University as a Research Centre within the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine and supports research in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine. The goal of the Centre is to develop cell therapies for retinal disease, particularly age-related macular degeneration. Current project areas include: 1) pluripotent stem cell growth and differentiation to give retinal cells, 2) retinal tissue engineering for restoration of vision, and 3) development of cell therapy for retinal degenerative diseases, particularly age-related macular degeneration.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Assistant to join our team. The appointee will work under supervision and contribute to research in the area of pluripotent stem cell growth and differentiation. Cell production through tissue culture, analysis of cell differentiation through gene and protein expression, as well as functional analysis of cell differentiation and growth both in vitro and in vivo, will form the core work. Experimentation in rodents and other animal models will be a key component of this position.
About the person
- The successful candidate will hold a Research Masters’ degree and/or Bachelors’ degree with Honours.
- Research knowledge and at least two years research experience in a relevant area of biomedical science such as cell biology, genetics, molecular biology or biochemistry is required.
- Proven experience in mammalian cell culture is required, and previous experience in pluripotent stem cell growth and differentiation is valued highly.
- Other desirable technical skills include animal experimentation, microscopy, molecular biology techniques including qPCR, animal models of disease and small animal surgery.
- The ability to train researchers and students in experimental methods is essential, as is awareness of laboratory quality assurance, biosafety standards and compliance.
Participation in a rota for out of hours tissue culture management is an expectation of the position.
The salary for the position commences at $76,940.14 per annum, plus 12% superannuation.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Dr Jason Limnios, Senior Post Doctoral Research Fellow – email [email protected] phone +61 7 5595 5803
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Sunday 25 February 2024
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022