As a Senior Recruitment Content Officer you will develop and deliver strategic publishing models for our recruitment content and lead on the creation, collation and maintenance of key recruitment content.
Furthermore, you will lead, coordinate and build effective relationships with External Relations marketing and school and college content professionals. You will actively develop, manage and deliver a User Experience UX framework portfolio and lead on its implementation to support ongoing content improvements across key areas of our web presence. In addition, you will manage ongoing improvement projects that are surfaced by this UX activity.
This role will further the strategic aims and ambitions of the University, creating and overseeing the publishing of core University web content for our key external audience and ensuring ensure the University's core values and strategic messages, aligned with the University's Strategic Plan, are effectively communicated in this content.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Actively develop and implement strategic content publishing plans for our student recruitment content.
2. Lead in the planning, creation, coordination and publishing of postgraduate recruitment information on our web site
3. Ensure best practice is adhered to whilst facilitating integration with current publishing processes.
4. Lead on the provision of UX advice, guidance and services to colleagues in colleges and External Relations. Ensuring programme listings are regularly reviewed.
5. Coordinate and manage colleagues to implement UX findings and ensure that our degree programme listings are improved to maximise their user-focus.
6. Coordinate colleagues in the Web team, across ER and beyond to create engaging content that targets key external audiences (including all types of prospective students and research partners). To support the University's strategic priorities and be consistent with the University's visual identity, publishing and style guidelines. Plan and organise workload priorities accordingly.
7. Build relationships with schools, colleges, and key support services (including our recruitment and research offices), to distribute advice, support, and motivation in the creation and development of core content. This will include content to populate central databases and other standard publishing templates.
8. To provide best practice guidance and support materials for school and college content publishers to ensure consistency of University presentation across central and academic unit web pages.
9. Work closely with colleagues to ensure that content is distributed to best effect across all the University's key digital and print communications channels.
10. Lead, participate in and carry out actions from departmental meetings and committees as required.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Either: Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar or number of different roles. Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, (Ordinary Degree, Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4), or equivalent (including professional accreditation with relevant formal training), and experience of personal development in a similar or related role(s).
A2 Thorough knowledge and understanding of work practices policies and procedures, relevant to managing and producing engaging content for the web, including broader sector/commercial awareness.
A3 Thorough practical knowledge of managing web UX projects: including qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting.
A4 Detailed knowledge and understanding of managing web information architecture.
A5 Detailed knowledge and understanding of web usability and accessibility: particularly in relation to the Disabilities Discrimination Act
A6 Detailed practical knowledge of statistical analysis of websites.
B1 Educated, in an appropriate subject, and with work experience in a relevant area.
B2 Experience of Userlytics, HotJar or similar UX tools
B3 Experience of Google Analytics
B4 Knowledge of higher education sector.
C1 Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at a senior level.
C2 Proven ability to coordinate the creation of engaging content.
C3 Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners.
C4 Ability to manage a range of complex deadline-driven projects simultaneously
C5 Proven ability to create copy in line with a corporate style guide.
C6 Excellent attention to detail and the ability to proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
C7 Proven ability to lead on the presentation and organisation of web content in an accessible and usable way.
C8 Proven ability to carry out user research and user testing and implement results.
C9 Proven ability to lead a project team.
C10 The ability to prioritise work based on both the needs of users, whilst bearing in mind key strategic priorities
C11 Excellent analytic and problem-solving capability to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
C12 Excellent written and verbal communication skills
C12 Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working directly with end users and project stakeholders and to influence at senior level.
C13 Ability to embrace new technologies.
E1 Substantial web publishing management and planning experience in a marketing context.
E2 Substantial understanding and experience of writing for the web
E3 Substantial experience of using a CMS to publish content.
E4 Substantial experience of leading UX or content improvement initiatives
F1 Evidence of relevant work experience.
F2 Experience of managing content using T4.
F3 Familiarity with the University's key marketing messages, and its key strategic priorities,
F4 Familiarity with the University's structures and organisation.
F5 Experience of UX tools such as Userlytics & HotJar or similar.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 7, £39,347 - £44,263 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended (permanent). Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 138411 Close Date : 15-Feb-2024 23:45