Position SummaryPosition Title Residence Life Office Assistant
Department Office of Residence Life Work Schedule Position Summary
The Office Assistant role is vital to the success of the Office of Residence Life. The OA is responsible for answering calls, taking messages and greeting anyone who enters ORL. · Upholding confidentiality of files and incidents on campus as well as safety and security of halls
· Creating student housing files for new freshman and transfer students;
· Answering questions from walk-ins, phone calls, and emails;
· Logging all office contacts (walk-in, phone call, email) in contact log
· Directing phone calls or people around campus;
· Creating several Excel lists and Word projects;
· Cross-referencing lists of housing sign-ups, keys, fines, etc.;
· Occasional check in/out(s);
· Other duties as assigned by the ORL staff
· The Office of Residence Life is open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. Hours can be flexible with in this time period.
Current student attending Westminster University
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in an active, high stress environment
· There is a great deal of confidential information so dependability and trustworthiness are important.
· Typing, filing, sorting, phone skills
· A knowledge of the Westminster campus and its resources
· CPR/First Aid Training
Career Readiness Competencies student will develop through this position. Career & Self-Development, Communication, Critical Thinking, Professional, Teamwork
Organizational ResponsibilitiesResponsibility Diversity and Inclusion
Promote an Inclusive Westminster through demonstration of the commitments include in the Westminster College Diversity Statement. Participate in developmental activities to increase understanding and awareness of issues related diversity, equity and Inclusion both individually and as related to my filed of work, profession or discipline.
Additional Responsibilities Designated as Campus Security Authority., Other duties as assigned.
Additional Requirements Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds required.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number
Desired Start Date 09/11/2023 Position End Date (if applicable) 05/03/2024 Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link https: // westminstercollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/3944Documents To Apply
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().