£34,980, rising annually to £38,205 Full Time, Fixed Term - Researcher
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www. brookes.ac.uk/job- vacancies/working-at-brookes.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
This is a fixed-term appointment for 36 months.
You will be responsible for:
• Work as a member of the Architectural Engineering Research Group to provide high-level research support
• Undertake the related tasks as defined by the project Description of Work
• Contribute to the planning, design and delivery of research projects
• To deliver outcomes by contributing towards the creation of reports and presentations to industry partners and funders
• Responsible for writing papers for publication and attend meetings and/or conferences
• Assist in the writing and presentation of funding applications
• Assist in developing collaborative research with other individuals and groups in the School, University or externally as appropriate to the needs of the overall research programme
• Timely completion of work, reporting and analysing of results to agreed development plans
• Any other duties as required by the line manager/mentor within expectation of the appointed grade.
You should have:
• PhD in environmental science or other relevant areas
• Significant relevant research experience in Life cycle Assessment and/or other areas of environmental sciences
• At least one high quality publication in related areas
• Experience in supporting other senior members in preparing proposals for research grant submissions
• A commitment to research
• Self-motivated and resourceful and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Show strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Makes operational decisions relating to own research projects
• Specialist knowledge of research area to devise solutions to unpredictable and unexpected research outcomes
• Appropriate strategies for tackling different types of problems involving a synthesis of prior subject knowledge
• Desirably professional training in Life Cycle Assessment tools such as GaBi and SimaPro
• General sensitivity when dealing with confidential and data protection issues
• Knowledge of statistical analysis of data using appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques.
To email the post of Research Fellow in Environmental Science and Engineering to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=160839 Closing Date : 19-Feb-2024 Vacancy ID : 160839 Faculty or Directorate : Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 23-Jan-2024