About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Influence the future of healthcare, lead a team, and accelerate your academic career.
- Excel in the teaching and learning, research, and engagement activities of the Healthcare Innovations discipline
- Excellent Gold Coast Location and Benefits
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- Annual leave loading for continuing and fixed term Academic staff
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependants#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position
The Healthcare Innovations discipline is responsible for a suite of postgraduate programs and micro-credentials focussed on effective adoption of evidence-based innovations into healthcare practice and policy. The program is underpinned by Implementation Science and aims to produce graduates with the skills to lead evidence-based change in healthcare systems and services for improved effectiveness and sustainability.
The Faculty is also home to the Bond University Institute of Evidence-Based Healthcare (IEBH), which is a successful, multidisciplinary team established in June 2010 by Professor Paul Glasziou. The Institute delivers world-class research, engagement, and training that serves as a national and international resource for scholars, clinicians, system leaders, patients, and families in the implementation of evidence-based clinical care. The co-location of Healthcare Innovations and the Institute within the Faculty provides rich opportunities for collaborative research with a focus on translation of evidence into practice and policy.
There are also opportunities for collaborations in teaching of Implementation Science, evidence-based healthcare, and health leadership with colleagues within IEBH, the broader Faculty and with other Faculties, including the Bond Business School.
About the person
The Professor/Associate Professor position is a leadership role in Implementation Science within the Faculty and will also be the head of the Healthcare Innovations discipline. The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the teaching and learning, research and engagement activities of the Healthcare Innovations discipline. The successful incumbent will demonstrate academic leadership, including leading research projects, mentoring and developing junior staff, and drive the ongoing development of curriculum. Within this over-arching responsibility, it is expected that the individual will work with the Executive Dean and heads of relevant research centres and programs to:
- Provide leadership for ongoing development of the Healthcare Innovations suite of programs.
- Supervise and support other Healthcare Innovations academic staff.
- Lead research activities with a focus in Implementation Science including contributing to mentorship of junior staff and supervision of research students.
- Liaise with key providers in the sector to ensure feedback on healthcare priorities, services and system development, workforce capability needs, and relevant innovations are incorporated into ongoing development of the healthcare innovations program; and
- Coordinate and teach into relevant subjects within the Healthcare Innovation program.
- Professor remuneration commences at $207,985 per annum plus 11% superannuation.
- Associate Professor A remuneration commences at $177,979 per annum plus 11% superannuation.
Level and salary will be negotiated and commensurate with skills and experience and be fully competitive in the Australian market. Salary packaging options are available for eligible employees.
Position related enquiries for the above position may be directed to Professor Nick Zwar, Executive Dean - Health Sciences & Medicine ([email protected])
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria below.
- Associate Professor A Position Description
- Selection Criteria -Professor/Associate Professor
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. To support your online application, we request that you submit the necessary supporting documents. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria as provided above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Sunday, 24 March 2024
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Employment Contract (BEC).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022