£34,980 rising to £38,205 Full Time, Permanent - Professional Ser
The Oxford Institute of Applied Health Research (OxInAHR) is looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic individual to manage the governance and commercial components of our substantial research portfolio and lead on operational activities.
OxInAHR is a Faculty-wide health research institute that comprises 3 Research Centres and over 60 researchers. Our overall aim is to produce world-class translational health research that has an impact on health service delivery and clinical practice. In order to achieve this, OxInAHR is committed to building a community of inter-disciplinary research scholars, developing research capacity within and across the relevant professions, and developing sustainable research collaborations with world-class research partners (visit https: // www. brookes.ac.uk/research/units/hls/institutes/oxinmahr).
We are looking for someone who will be a key part of our Strategic and Operational management infrastructure which has responsibility for all OxInAHR activities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To lead, coordinate and manage key operational activities for OxInAHR
• To lead, coordinate and collate reports on all aspects of research governance for UOA3/OxINMAHR activities and commercial activity.
• To establish and/or improve governance processes and reporting systems to ensure that UOA3/OxINMAHR researchers adhere to OBU and national research governance standards and responsibilities.
• To provide specialist research governance advice, assistance, and training to UoA3 staff, students and external partners in the context of post-award best practice.
• To lead, coordinate and report on all aspects of commercial research for UOA3/OxINMAHR researchers including liaison with The Research, Innovation and Enterprise Directorate re costing of commercial research projects, leading on negotiation of contract terms and preparing confidentiality agreements relating to commercial research.
The minimum requirements for this post are:
• A good degree in a health-related science or relevant business area
• Experience in clinical and health care research governance including NHS.
• Experience of establishing and managing processes of Research Governance - including legal, ethical, financial and healthy safety components.
• Understanding of legal issues pertaining human participants research – including Data protection, confidentiality and data retention, freedom of information and intellectual property
• Experience of coordinating commercial research activities - including finance, contracts and confidentiality issues
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Good team-working skills
• Good IT skills
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www. brookes.ac.uk/job- vacancies/working-at-brookes.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
This role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored skilled worker visa under the points based immigration system, however applications are welcome from candidates who don't currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a visa via another route.
To email the role of OxInAHR Research Governance and Operations Manager to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=161439 Closing Date : 03-Mar-2024 Vacancy ID : 161439 Faculty or Directorate : Health and Life Sciences Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 05-Feb-2024