Position InformationPosition Title Operations Supervisor, Student Affairs and Services
Posting Number 02072SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 17 Salary Range $32.98 per hour (with wage increments to a max of $38.45 per hour). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Support Staff - Temporary Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 01/22/2024 End Date 01/19/2025 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30 - 4:30 pm Work Arrangements
This temporary full-time (35 hours per week) position is available starting January 22, 2024 to January 19, 2025. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Shift days and times may change depending on the Department's need. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required. The position is located at the New Westminster campus; however, successful candidate must be available for occasional work at the Coquitlam campus. Douglas College is committed to supporting a healthy work/life balance for employees. A modified/flexible schedule and/or hybrid work from home arrangement may be considered, subject to the terms of the College's Work From Home Policy.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
To provide administrative and supervisory support to functions within Student Affairs and Services to ensure adequate service delivery. Coordinates the functions performed by staff and communicates with faculty coordinators to facilitate effective operations.
1. Performs a variety of administrative support functions to facilitate effective operations.
2. Supervises the daily operation of positions under their responsibility.
3. Performs a variety of tasks related to the provision of information to students and others.
4. Performs other related duties.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field at a recognized post-secondary institution with three year's practical experience working in an education setting assisting high needs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Demonstrated supervisory skills: organizational skills; ability to plan and schedule work flow; ability to hire, train and motivate employees; ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
3. Good working knowledge of the educational objectives and operations within Student Affairs and Services, including service philosophy and staffing logistics. Good working knowledge of typical issues facing students entering the college and effective ways to assist students to overcome these barriers.
4. Experience working in at least one of the positions supervised under this job description or in positions of equivalent purpose and responsibility at Douglas College or similar organization.
5. Demonstrated capability to perform competently as a substitute in all of the positions supervised.
6. Good working knowledge of the English language together with excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Criminal Record Check is required as a condition of employment as per the Criminal Record Check Act.
8. A demonstrated ability to:
9. Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail InformationOpen Date 11/30/2023
Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online on the Douglas College Career Site www. douglascollegecareers.ca. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling the position. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https: // www. douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11632Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)