Reporting to the Partnership Manager, the post holder will work within the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) supporting its public profile alongside contributing to a range of digital outputs and campaigns to grow our audience. You will work as part of a small and friendly team, based within the University of Glasgow, enhancing the visibility of arts and humanities doctoral research amongst SGSAH stakeholders and wider audiences and supporting communications around the ten year anniversary of SGSAH. You will support our internal and external communications and digital content strategy, write and disseminate publicity material including regular newsletters, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and assist with coordinating promotional events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation's activities, products and/or services.
2. Responsible for the management of the SGSAH presence on social networking sites including (but not exhaustive) Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube and other similar community sites ensuring consistency of voice and accurate and timely provision of information.
3. Keep up to date with and monitor trends in social media tools and applications and recommend new channels for SGSAH as appropriate.
4. Provide oversight of the SGSAH webpages, regularly reviewing overall structure and content to ensure a high quality service.
5. Establish and manage a communications network from across SGSAH and other partners as and when determined to create, manage and promote digital and social content to fit with SGSAH objectives and continue to build on a strong brand.
6. Utilise design skills to use applications and other editing platforms to create infographics, photos to enhance social media posts and campaigns etc.
7. Work with internal and external vendors to support the production of videos and organise video shoots and editorial schedules. This includes generating specific video content, producing engaging footage to be published on various SGSAH channels including YouTube, Instagram etc.
8. To implement SGSAH's communications strategy publicising SGSAH training courses, funding opportunities and other events by:
- drafting newsletters, marketing emails, news releases and other communications
- developing and maintaining effective relationships with communications teams in member HEIs
9. Responsible for liaising with the SGSAH Student Blogger and Digital Curator to provide information, contacts, coordinate social media campaigns.
10. Keep up to date with best practice in the higher education sector – in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
11. To provide support to the Partnership Manager, Administrator, Head of Operations and Strategy and the Director of the SGSAH. This will include responsibility for administration and event management of postgraduate research training courses and SGSAH events.
12. Undertake other duties related to this post as may be prescribed from time to time which are commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 7 (Advanced Higher/ Scottish Vocational Qualification level 3, Higher National Certificate) or equivalent, AND experience of personal development in a similar role, OR the ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role.
A2 Excellent understanding of social media landscape and social media trends (including understanding of latest technologies).
A3 In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
A4 Knowledge or understanding of using social analytics tools to schedule communications as well as provide detailed social media reports.
B1 Knowledge of usability and accessibility in relation to digital and social content.
B2 Knowledge of data protection legislation and how it relates to digital content (e.g. GDPR).
C1 High levels of creativity and enthusiasm, with the ability to spot potential opportunities and concepts to create engaging quality digital content.
C2 Ability to confidently and effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
C3 Ability to create and build strong relationships with people at all levels of an organisation.
C4 Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary.
C5 Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write well for different audiences, from print to online and social media.
C6 Proven ability to cope with a demanding work schedule and produce high quality work, often to tight deadlines.
C7 High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
C8 Good technical understanding with the ability to quickly develop new skills, for example when using new software, IT and equipment.
C9 Strong organisational skills.
E1 Experience in a similar role involving the use of social and digital media either as a full time occupation or as a significant part of a relevant professional role.
E2 Experience of video creation and editing for long form pieces as well as demonstrating an agile approach to create reactive content quickly.
E3 Experience of publishing content on a website through a content management system.
E4 Experience of assisting in the management, logistics and marketing/communications for events.
F1 Ability to use/experience of University software such as t4.
F2 Experience of using/editing wordpress websites.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 5, £25,138 - £29,605 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and fixed term for up to 12 months. This is a full-time position, however we would also consider 0.8FTE (28 hours per week).
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 138848 Close Date : 25-Feb-2024 23:45