About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Join a dynamic and supportive team dedicated to excellence in higher education
- Build relationships with students, faculty, and staff across campus
- Central Robina location, free parking and excellent staff benefits
Full-time, Fixed Term for 2 years
Position Reference No: 100767257
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- 36.75 hour standard work week
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- Staff wellbeing program
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position
Bond University is currently seeking an enthusiastic and talented Library Officer to join the Library Services Customer Services team. The position is responsible for the provision of a range of frontline library support services at the Library Service Desks, with a focus on lending services. The incumbent also assists in the administration of functional operations such as reserve processing, reading lists, document delivery, and inter-library loans. Quality customer service is the primary focus of this position.
About the person
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Certificate 4 or Diploma of Library and Information Studies and / or relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, experience, and training.
- High-level skills in the use of current technologies for the delivery of library services. Well-developed computer skills including experience in the use of a wide range of software applications and library management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to respond proactively to the needs of customers maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated skills in accurate data entry and ability to exercise judgment within policy and procedure constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member with a commitment to productive work relations, supporting others and resolving conflict.
The salary for the position commences at $65,517.31 per annum, plus 12% superannuation.
Please note: The fixed term of this employment contract will be for up to two years, with twelve months' probation. The prospect of conversion to a continuing employment contract will be discussed at the end of the contract term.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Sue Hutley, General Manager, Library Customer Services [email protected]
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Wednesday 6th December 2023
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022