About the position
As Australia’s first private not-for-profit university, Bond University has earned an international reputation as a leading independent university. Imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow’s professionals, Bond offers a personalised, transformational, and deliberately different student experience.
• Excellent Benefits Package and Gold Coast location
• Business Development Career Opportunity with frequent travel to China
• Join the number one University for student experience
By joining Australia’s number one University for student experience*, you will develop your career in a welcoming and rewarding workplace. A career at Bond provides a range of benefits including:
• Free staff car parking
• 36.75 hour standard work week
• Access to flexible work/work from home arrangements
• Up to 26 weeks of parental leave#
• Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
• 17.5% leave loading
• Staff wellbeing program
• Study assistance for staff and dependents#
• Corporate health, finance and childcare discounts
• Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
• Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position:
An exciting career opportunity to join the strategic and dynamic International Student Recruitment sales team in the Office of Future Students has just become available. Reporting to the Director International, and focusing on increasing commencing international students from China to the University to achieve enrolment targets, the key responsibilities in this varied and busy role will include:
- Growing and converting student recruitment pipelines and pathways
- Planning, implementing, and executing the University's international student recruitment tactics and activities to recruit international students for Bond University programs
- Developing and nurturing effective relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders, including agents, schools, institutions, government, communities, industries, alumni, faculties, and other stakeholders
- Contributing to the ongoing planning process, implementation, and evaluation of the University's marketing and student recruitment activities
- Utilising a CRM and marketing automation to recruit students by delivering a superior customer experience that reflects the Bond Difference
- Optimising all student recruitment opportunities
About the person
The successful candidate will be:
- Motivated, ambitious and results-drive team player who thrives in a busy environment:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline with experience in international student recruitment or equivalent premium brand sales:
- Able to successfully meet targets, enjoy building relationships with a range of different internal and external stakeholders and communicate at all levels:
- A strong relationship manager, with a proven record of developing and nurturing partnerships and pathways that deliver strong outcomes:
- Flexible in their approach to workload and hours: and
- Fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in Mandarin and English
The successful candidate will have:
- A sound knowledge of the Australian international higher education sector and experience in successfully building partnerships in the region/s of responsibility including articulations and China non-quota programs:
- Strong in-market knowledge and insights, relationships and a thorough understanding of competitor activity, to optimise recruitment performance:
- A constant focus on service excellence and a commitment to working collaboratively with key University staff and business areas:
- A track record of student recruitment sales success through effective data driven decision-making: and
- A passion for working for a university focused on personalised learning and providing the best student experience.
This position is based on the Gold Coast campus. Relocation support from within Australia to move to the Gold Coast will be considered.
Work outside of normal business hours, travel to select markets of responsibility, and an abundant remote recruitment schedule will be required as part of this role.
The salary range for the position is from $104,310.10 to $119,556.79 (Full Time Equivalent), dependent on skills, qualifications and experience, plus 12% superannuation per annum.
Please note: The fixed term of this employment contract will be for up to two years, with twelve months' probation. The prospect of conversion to a continuing employment contract will be discussed at the end of the contract term.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Lisa Cowan, Director Bond International on [email protected].
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home Dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Friday 8 December 2023.
Interviews will be held week commencing the 11 December 2023.
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022