About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Full time, continuing position with excellent benefits
- Unique opportunity to contribute to the HR agenda for a prestigious university.
- Join a high performing, supportive team dedicated to delivering excellent client service.
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- 36.75 hour standard work week
- Access to flexible work/work from home arrangements#
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- 17.5% of base salary leave loading
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
This exciting and pivotal role offers the opportunity to deliver strategic and operational HR generalist advice to specified client groups across the University. Responsibilities encompass a range of HR-related matters spanning employee relations matters, change management activities and providing general support to clients on people related matters.
Working closely with and under the guidance of the Deputy Director, you will partner with your respective client groups to understand their objectives and challenges while developing and implementing HR strategies and solutions to support their business goals. Other HR activities will include supporting the professional development review process, managing parental leave and flexible work arrangements, and undertaking HR projects as required.
About the person
Joining the Bond University HR Team, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years dedicated HR experience.
- Well-developed understanding of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
- Professional HR expertise in advising managers and staff on employee relations, equal employment opportunity principles, policies, and procedures.
- HR systems proficiency with the ability to generate reports.
- Track record of successful project-based activities within the HR domain.
- Client-focused approach with proven stakeholder management skills.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work within a team and contribute effectively to achieve shared objectives.
A highly competitive salary in the range of $91,490 to $101,862 per annum, plus 17.5% superannuation will be negotiable, commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience for the successful candidate.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Gina Coetzee, Deputy Director – Human Resources - [email protected]
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Sunday, 18 February 2024
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022