Conference and Hospitality Location: Bailrigg Salary: £20,619 (Full time, indefinite) Closing Date: Thursday 29 February 2024 Interview Date: Thursday 07 March 2024 Reference: 0001-24
Lancaster Conferences & Hospitality are looking to recruit highly motivated people to join the team in the role of Conference & Hospitality Assistant for the Front of House Team on a full time contract. This role is a great opportunity to build customer service skills and develop a career within food and hospitality industry.
The Team operate all year round delivering hospitality for university meetings, conferences and student college activities, at venues across Campus including the Lancaster Conference Centre, Forrest Hills and at the Castle in Lancaster City.
During vacation times the Team host larger events for up to 800 people including day and residential conferences.
We are looking for a team member who is passionate about delivering a consistent high standard of customer service and who can work in a high- pressure environment. You will need to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends.
You must be a Team Player but also display initiative and positivity.
You will have;
• A passion to learn and no experience necessary
• A can do attitude towards tasks
• Able to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service standards
• Be a team player
• Ability to adapt to changing working demands
• Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
• Able to work flexibly on a rota basis to include evenings and weekends
• Able to undertake physical lifting and manual tasks
• Proven Reliability and Responsibility
• An interest in working and developing a career in the food, beverage and retail industry
What we can offer you:
•A well-rounded skill set for the Hospitality industry including food safety and allergy training
• 25 paid annual leave days at your convenience on top of university closure dates and bank holidays subject to business demands.
• A wide range of flexible benefits including a free bus pass
• Industry leading pension scheme
• Time in Lieu for any hours worked outside of contract
• Personal development and training opportunities within hospitality and catering
We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.
Apply OnlineFurther details:
Please note: unless specified otherwise in the advert, all advertised roles are UK based.
Find out what it's like to work at Lancaster University, including information on our wide range of employee benefits, support networks and our policies and facilities for a family-friendly workplace.
The University recognises and celebrates good employment practice undertaken to address all inequality in higher education.
We warmly welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their age, religion, gender identity or expression, race, disability or sexual orientation, and are committed to promoting diversity, and equality of opportunity.