Please provide a resume and cover letter.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www. unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Stephanie Muñiz at (904) 620-1750, or [email protected]Posting Details
Position InformationJob Title Guest Services Assistant
Department Student Union Position Number 964000 Requisition Number 063309 Position Type Student Assistant Full Time/Part Time Part-Time Time-limited through N/A Hours 10-25 per week Hourly Rate $12.00 Job Summary/Responsibilities
- Uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response.
- Provide reception and assistance to the Student Union Administration Office and staff. Serves as an initial point of contact for the office providing information to visitors, faculty, staff, and students.
- Answer the telephone for the department, direct calls, and record messages. Communicate with clients on the telephone, email, fax, and in person.
- Perform opening and closing procedures daily for the office.
- Provide general information about the space reservation process. Train clients on the use of our online reservations system, manage accounts and troubleshoot user issues. Assist clients in completing online reservation requests.
- Review all new reservation requests, makes updates in accordance with policies and procedures, collect missing information from clients, and forward the information to the Event Coordinator for their review.
- Communicate urgent event updates to Event Coordinators and Event Services Assistants.
- Receive, log, and return banners and lost items. Maintain a log of client communication touchpoints during every shift.
- Check out and in tabling reservation equipment.
- Provide directions to locations within the Student Union and around campus.
- Review for accuracy, print, and distribute room cards and event schedules to Event Services Assistants. Create directional signage for events, print, and distribute to Event Services Assistants for posting.
- Help enforce University and Student Union policies.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Filing, mail distribution, reconciling paperwork, key returns to Lock Shop, and administrative errands.
- Other duties as assigned. Must be willing to assist other Student Union teams/areas whenever needed. - Physical duties include but are not limited to: Sitting at your desk for a bulk of the shift; other activities may be required assisting other teams in the department. - Physical duties include but are not limited to: sitting at the front desk for most of the shift, moving around the office to deliver/move items or talk with other coworkers, daily lifting and moving of tables and chairs, bending, carrying light boxes. Other physical activities may be required with assisting other teams in the department such as occasionally assist event setup teams with moving, lifting, pushing, and pulling large event furniture (tables, chairs, carts, lecterns, staging and staircases, etc.).
Applicants must be available to work at least one full semester, preferably longer.
1. Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
2. Ability to follow through on tasks until completion
3. Attention to detail
4. Ability to take direction
6. Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner
7. Effective communication skills in person, phone, fax, or email.
8. Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as part of a team with other Union staff
9. Willingness to work and learn
10. Knowledge of campus resources a plus
11. Current UNF Student and maintain both a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.0
12. All staff members are required to attend a semi-annual staff training
Computer proficient in Microsoft Suite.
Ability to learn new software programs.
Statement(s) of Understanding N/A Statement(s) of Understanding Definition
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University's collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF's mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.
The University of North Florida promotes the quality and effectiveness of education and strives to maintain the highest standards of academic excellence in all phases of instruction, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service.
Posting Detail InformationAnticipated Start Date 05/15/2023
Job Posting Date 04/25/2023 Application Review Date Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Point of Contact Information Stephanie Muñiz, (904) 620-1750, [email protected] Hiring Official George Wahl II Location if not Jacksonville N/A Special Instructions
Please provide a resume and cover letter.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www. unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Stephanie Muñiz at (904) 620-1750, or [email protected]
Quicklink https: // www. unfjobs.org/postings/22426Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().