Position InformationAdvertising Department CAMPUS RECREATION AND WELLNESS
Academic Term/Year Fall 2023-Spring 2024 Position Title Federal Work-Study (On-Campus) - Sport Program Supervisors Posting Number 05428 Position Number 05428 Student Job Category Student - Federal Work Study On-Campus Number of Vacancies 50 Job Description
ECU Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness is currently seeking several Sport Program Supervisors. Responsibilities:
• Work nights and weekends to include at least two shifts per calendar week.
• Supervise intramural and club sports contests.
• Set up fields and courts to include cones, goals, and hourly safety checks.
• Supervise Intramural Sports officials/scorekeepers to ensure proper game administration and rules adherence.
• Ensure safety through proper First Aid, CPR and EAP trainings.
• Check-in teams and ensure proper waivers/forms are completed prior to each contest.
• Manage participant complaints through proper customer service techniques and conflict management procedures.
• Provide crowd control as needed.
• Perform hourly activity level counts at various CRW facilities.
• Supervise outside reservations at CRW facilities as needed.
• Operate University vehicles including CRW trucks/vans and gators/golf carts.
• Travel to and from off-site activities in CRW vehicles while adhering to all applicable University policies/procedures.
• Complete daily paperwork as assigned.
• Work in adverse weather conditions in an outdoor setting.
• Report any issues with CRW facilities to supervisors daily.
• Perform additional tasks assigned by the sport program professional staff.
Preferred (Majors, Experience, GPA, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications: • High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
• CPR and First Aid certification required. Blood borne pathogens training within the past year required (CRW does offer certification classes to all employees if not previously certified)
• The ability to effectively supervise and communicate to employees and participants while maintaining a high standard for customer service
• Organizational and management skills as they relate to report writing and completion of appropriate paperwork
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload Resume and Federal Work Study Authorization form online.
To be eligible for FEDERAL WORK STUDY positions, students MUST BE QUALIFIED and RECEIVE a FEDERAL WORK STUDY AWARD from the ECU Financial Aid Office (Old Cafeteria Complex, 252-328- 6610.)
Quick Link for Direct Access https: // ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/63991 Open Date 07/17/2023 Close Date 04/01/2024 Open Until Filled NoSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed to Apply