About the position
As Australia’s first private not-for-profit university, Bond University has earned an international reputation as a leading independent university. Imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow’s professionals, Bond offers a personalised, transformational and deliberately different student experience.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Vibrant and centrally located campus with free staff parking
- Potential ongoing opportunities in future semesters
Expression of Interest - Exam Supervisors
Student Business Services
Position Reference No: 100756608
By joining Australia’s number one University for student experience*, you will develop your career in a welcoming and rewarding workplace. A career at Bond provides a range of benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health, finance and childcare discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position
The University is currently seeking applications for casual Exam Supervisors. Reporting to the Senior Timetabling and Examinations Officer, this position will be responsible for overseeing mostly computer based (and some traditional paper based) examinations in accordance with the University’s and relevant faculty’s policy and procedure for assessments. This role will also undertake other administrative duties as directed. Training will be provided upon commencement.
The role requires the following:
- Availability to work a span of hours from 7:00am to 9:00pm (on a shift basis)
- Standing for long periods
- Availability during Bond University exam periods in December 2023, April 2024 and August 2024
- Applications must be submitted through our employment portal as instructed below
Please note applications will be held on file for 12 months and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the person
The essential skills required for this role are:
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to troubleshoot common student enquires
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to give and follow direction
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to ensure fairness and equity
- Sound administrative skills
- Strong customer service skills
Previous experience in a similar role, along with intermediate computer skills are highly desirable.
The hourly rate for this casual role is $39.11 plus 11% superannuation per annum.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Rosemary Shaw, Senior Timetabling & Examinations Officer on [email protected].
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022