About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Lead, inspire, and shape the future of Bond University's global alumni community.
- Join Australia’s number one University for student experience.
- Develop and lead a range of alumni-focused fundraising campaigns and appeals.
Director, Alumni Relations
Office of Engagement
Full-time, Fixed Term Appointment for Five Years.
Position Reference No: 100774592
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
The Director, Alumni Relations will lead and shape the University’s Alumni Relations Strategy, nurturing and expanding our global alumni community of “Bondies”. This pivotal leadership role within the Office of Engagement, ensures our graduates stay connected and engaged with the University at a strategic and local level.
- Lead a visionary, high-level strategic alumni relations plan for Bond University, aligning it with the institution's long-term goals and mission.
- Implement, and optimise strategic multi-channel campaigns designed to elevate alumni engagement across target segments.
- Develop and lead a range of alumni focused communication and marketing campaigns, digital engagement and fundraising appeals.
- Drive and implement an Alumni Ambassador Strategy, ensuring that messaging, touch points, and experiences consistently deliver a superior brand experience to target alumni audiences.
About the person
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold an undergraduate qualification with extensive experience in stakeholder relations in particular alumni relations and engagement.
- Demonstrated success in development and fundraising activities, driving financial contributions, and fostering a robust stakeholder pipeline.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, motivating teams, and peers effectively, creating a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Proven ability to manage projects and concurrent priorities,consistently meeting challenging deadlines without compromising customer service quality standards.
- Showcase extensive experience in developing and implementing a fully integrated communication strategy, both online and offline.
This position is based on the Gold Coast campus. Relocation support from within Australia to move to the Gold Coast will be considered.
A highly competitive salary package will be offered commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to Mr Duane Kelaart, +61 7 5595 1321 or [email protected].
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Director, Alumni Relations Information Pack which includes the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Director, Alumni Relations Information Pack.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Monday, 12 February 2024.
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment for this position are offered under a Bond Executive Contract (BEC)
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022