Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: RCSI, St Stephens Green Dublin
Reporting to: Head of Examinations and Assessment
Tenure: Permanent / Fulltime
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Providing support for the Examinations Department within the Student Academic and Regulatory Affairs (SARA) office, including:
• Contribute to result preparation and collation of examination results for multiple Schools including The School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, School of Physiotherapy etc.
• Creating and updating validation checks and highlighting data idiosyncrasies.
• Assisting in the end-to-end examination results management process including validation, data management, data migration to multiple system etc.
• Assist in the publication of results to students periodically through the Academic year;
• Preparing, producing, updating and automating reports on question performance, examination performance, cohort performance etc.
• Assisting in the development of quality and process improvement;
• Preparing graphical display of data for a range of reports throughout the year;
• Providing guidance on data management and statistics for RCSI staff
• Representing the Examinations team and wider SARA office when dealing with students.
• And, any other relevant duties.
As a member of the Exams team, you will be expected to play a part in its general activities.
• A BSc in mathematics, statistics, or a quantitative discipline.
• Relevant experience in analysing large-scale data sets or surveillance systems.
• A commitment to quality and attention to detail.
• Capacity to take ownership of tasks and see these through to deliver on agreed objectives.
• Proven experience of a variety of software packages (for example Microsoft Office), including a statistical package (for example Stata, SPSS, SAS, R).
• Ability to express technical information clearly to a wide range of people through both written and verbal communication.
• Ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure that all activities are completed within the required time scales.
• Is pleasant, cooperative, and gets along well with others; keeps manager informed, reports problems promptly and seeks guidance when needed.
• Has the ability to work as part of a team and to contribute to the effective working of the organisation.
• Can adapt to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities, or people.
• Takes actions to achieve favourable outcomes for the organisation, beyond minimum performance expectations, and seeks opportunities to improve work procedures.
• Understands the importance of not disclosing confidential information.
• Qualifications: an MSc in medical statistics, or related discipline.
• Knowledge of
o Data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI and/or Tableau
We are all too aware that imposter syndrome and the confidence gap can sometimes stop fantastic candidates putting themselves forward, so please do submit an application — we'd love to hear from you.
RCSI make sure you have the resources you need to thrive by offering a wide range of benefits in
areas including time away, finance, community, health, and well-being and insuring your financial
future. Below are some additional benefits available to you as an RCSI employee:
• Minimum of 20 days annual leave, plus an additional 6.5 Privilege days
• Flexible/hybrid working options for colleagues across many roles
• Additional leave options incl. paid maternity leave, paternity/parental leave, study leave
• 7% Employer pension contribution
• Onsite gym €10 per/mth incl. classes and PT sessions
• Childcare support 20% discount at Giraffe
• Free eye test and annual flu vaccination
• TaxSaver commuter tickets and Bike to Work schemes
• A site sustainability team focusing on the environmental initiatives; ‘Green Campus Initiative'
• Competitively priced café and restaurant
• Equality, Diversity & Inclusion forums, and network groups
• Employee assistance programme with Spectrum Life
• Learning and Development training programmes incl. LinkedIn Learning for career progression
• Discounted services incl. GP visits, 10% off dental, staff parking, mobile tariffs, Group Scheme
discount on numerous brands
• Sports and social club incl. yoga, Pilates, fitness classes, Zumba, running club, social evenings,
• Ticket Draws for events including; Rugby, Taste of Dublin, Dublin Horse Show, theatre, music &
comedy events #rcsia