Position InformationPosition Title CAVE Facilitator - Career Development Coach for Youth 16-29
Posting Number 02032SA Location Burnaby Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range TBD Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 11/01/2023 End Date 10/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
Subject to confirmed funding, this contract position is for 40 hours per week from Nov 1, 2023 – Oct 31, 2024. This position will be based at the Douglas College Burnaby Training Centre.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Facilitator and Career Development Coach facilitates career development that inspires youth to identify, plan for and achieve career pathways that ignite their passions.
Facilitate group sessions on:
- Career exploration;
- Labour market information;
- Education planning;
- Portfolio development;
- Equity, diversity and inclusion for the workplace;
- Digital literacy;
- Job search strategies;
- Job maintenance;
- Collaborate with participant to develop realistic, achievable action plan;
- Monitor participant progress;
- Provide ongoing support and referrals as needed.
Administer and debrief variety of career exploration assessments
Assist with client recruiting and screening.
- Maintain progress reports in CMS;
- Provide monthly reports to managing CCSP;
- Participate in team meetings and strategic planning events;
- Liaise with Community Service Providers to engage guest speakers and referrals to wrap around supports;
- Contribute to ISO Certification
Other duties in support of TG operations as required
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- 2 Years Experience working in Employment Services or other Facilitation role;
- Post-Secondary education in a field related to social services / career development or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Dynamic facilitator with strong classroom management skills;
- Knowledge and experience working with youth ages 16 to 30 years of age with barriers to employment;
- Established network with community service providers preferred;
- Current labour market knowledge;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Career Development Practitioner Certification preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail InformationOpen Date 10/04/2023
Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online on the Douglas College Career Site www. douglascollegecareers.ca. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling the position. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https: // www. douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11431Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)