To support the Business Services Manager by coordinating key administrative tasks relating to the daily operations of UoG Commercial Ltd. The job holder will be responsible for system maintenance (EPOS and catering management software), regular reporting and ensuring effective stock control measures are in place. This role involves contributing to several administrative tasks aimed at improving the catering operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To perform daily maintenance and all operational requirements related to the EPOS system, ensuring the day to day running of the system is accurate and up to date; including dashboards, display units, price changes, product information, allergens, and troubleshooting linked to saffron stock control.
2. To support the daily management of the catering systems data and software, acting as the first point of contact to our system suppliers for troubleshooting and information updates.
3. To assist in the control of food and non-food items, ensuring that the compliance of the department policies on storage and stock procedures are always adhered to, including assisting with stocktaking, raising POs and goods receiving.
4. Monitoring stock and orders, maintaining stock levels and agreed pricing structures by overseeing monthly stocktake and continually checking systems for any error.
5. Minimise stock variances, ensuring wastage levels are controlled and within agreed KPIs by collating and reviewing data from catering software.
6. Attend UoG Commercial Ltd quarterly board meetings, record minutes, circulate actions and diarise the key calendar of activity.
7. Assist the Business Services Manager by creating and formulating information related to Customer Insights, co-ordination of feedback, management information, catering performance data, Freedom of Information Requests, Saffron and EPOS reports.
8. Liaise closely with Finance in relation to day to day queries, including raising PO's, invoicing, anomalies and reporting.
9. Monitor and coordinate staff training records and renewals, ensuring the FOH team have appropriate and up to date skills and knowledge, notifying key personnel if action is to be taken and supporting scheduling of training.
10. Update and schedule posts for the catering and events social media platforms, ensure the website is up to date and assist with content creation.
11. Ensuring accurate record keeping of catering and hospitality staff's training is in place both physically and electronically, in line with UoG policies and procedures.
12. General administration duties using Microsoft Office, and other internal and external systems.
13. Build internal/external relationships with key stakeholders.
14. Any other duties reasonably associated with this post.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
A1 Business/Administration qualification or experience in a similar role with an ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post.
A2 Excellent knowledge of Microsoft platforms such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word with the ability to create reports, compile data and management information.
A3 Knowledge of EPOS systems to act as the first point of contact for operational matters.
B1 Knowledge of catering management software, such as Saffron.
C1 Ability to work effectively under pressure and during peak times.
C2 Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively, working independently as required.
C3 Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
C4 Excellent IT skills.
C5 An adaptable and flexible approach to work.
C6 Demonstrable professionalism, credibility, trust and respect.
C7 Team player who is committed and enthusiastic.
D1 Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
E1 Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
E2 Experience of undertaking an administrative role within a busy or similar department
F1 Previous experience of working within a commercial business environment.
F2 Previous experience in the Catering and Hospitality industry.
F3 Experience in social media marketing.
UoG Commercial Ltd is a subsidiary company wholly owned by the University of Glasgow and provides catering services as part of the new extended campus at the University.
As our employees are integrally involved in generating and sharing in the business' success, including a share of the profits, we call ourselves ‘partners' rather than staff. We want our customers and partners to feel equally valued and appreciated because they are both important to our success. We recognise that the way we conduct ourselves reflects not just on the company, but on the University of Glasgow and so our values are at the heart of the way in which we behave.
Put simply we ask our partners to:
Terms & Conditions
Salary will be £12.50 - £13.50 per hour (based on skills and experience).
This post is full time (37.5 hours per week, 5 over 7 days) and open ended. Flexibility will be required by mutual agreement and there may be some weekend and public holiday working at peak periods.
by mutual agreement and there will be some weekend and public holiday working at peak periods.
Vacancy Ref : 138288 Close Date : 20-Feb-2024 23:45