Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Sustainability and Behavioural Studies at the Department of Management, Society and Communication. We are looking for candidates who possess a multidisciplinary mindset and the versatility to conduct original research in both well-established and emerging areas where sustainability and behavior intersect.
Examples of research areas that the Associate Professor might cover:
· Behavioural insights and sustainability (in areas like sustainable food, circular economy, inequality)
· Adoption of technological innovations for sustainability (e.g. user innovation, renewable energy, just transition)
· Novel modelling specializations and tools (e.g. Behaviour and Operational research, Machine Learning and Digital Behaviour)
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
About the Department of Management, Society and Communication
Multi-disciplinary by design, MSC leverages the synergies of its faculty to explore the conditions and practices of responsible management, organisation and governance in a globalising world, sharing a particular concern with culture, communication and context as lenses to understand the interaction and interdependencies of business and society.
MSC is a significant supplier of research-based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
· Responsible Management, Leadership and Governance
· Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
· Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context)
· Organisational Communication (corporate communication, strategic communication, leadership communication, marketing communication, international business communication) and Media Studies
The Assocciate Professorship is a permanent position with both research and teaching obligations.
· Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programmes, including Executive Education
· Individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
· Promoting CBS's academic reputation
· Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
· Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
· Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
· Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS's stakeholders in particular
· Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant research area
· Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
· Participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department's research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS's international research position.
· An advanced degree in an appropriate field
· Documented teaching qualifications and/or other education related activities/experiences of relevance for the evaluation of the applicant's pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
· Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the research area's internationally recognised journals and other peer-reviewed publications.
· Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the quality, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov- Iversen, email [email protected]. Information about the department may be found at www. cbs.dk/msc.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance's agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Applications must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Applications must include:
· A statement of application.
· Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
· Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field's internationally recognised journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
· Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of the applicant's pedagogical level.
· Information indicating experience in research management, industry co- operation and international co-operation.
· A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
· Copies of the publications marked with an . Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist a minimum of two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process has been completed, all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their respective applications.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www. cbs.dk.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline 12 February 2024
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS er et globalt anerkendt businessuniversitet med dybe rødder i den nordiske, socioøkonomiske model. Vi har et bredt fokus på erhvervslivets og samfundets udfordringer i det 21. århundrede. Derfor har vi en samlet portefølje af tværfaglig forskning og uddannelse af høj kvalitet, der har styrket generationer af fagfolk og ledere i den private sektor og andre steder.
Universitetet ligger på Frederiksberg og har ca. 20.000 fuldtids- og deltidsstuderende, 800 fuldtidsansatte videnskabelige medarbejdere, 200 ph.d.-studerende og 700 administrative medarbejdere samt en portefølje af bachelor-, kandidat-, MBA/EMBA-, ph.d.-og efter-/videreuddannelser udbudt på både dansk og engelsk.
Med vores globale profil følger en forpligtelse til at bidrage til udviklingen af transformative kompetencer hos studerende, kandidater og virksomhedsledere gennem vores uddannelsesaktiviteter og muligheder for livslang læring. Komplekse udfordringer kræver en fælles indsats, og derfor fokuserer vores strategi på at styrke nuværende og starte nye partnerskaber med andre videnskaber, erhvervslivet, myndigheder og civilsamfundet.
CBS arbejder kontinuerligt med at blive en mangfoldig og inkluderende organisation, og vi opfordrer alle uanset kønsidentitet og -udtryk, alder, etnicitet, religiøs overbevisning, LGBT+-status, kulturel baggrund m.m. at søge. Kontakt os, hvis du har brug for assistance i søge- eller ansættelsesprocessen, hvis der er noget vi skal vide, eller hvis du som person med handicap ønsker at gøre brug af din fortrinsret.
Closing date: 12 February 2024.