The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for a half-time position Assistant Professor at the Department of Civil Procedure cover for the time of an illness, followed by maternity and parental leave on a half-time work schedule.
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 10 faculties, more than 6,000 employees and more than 30,000 students.
The Faculty of Law is one of four public law faculties in the Czech Republic. The Faculty of Law of Masaryk University can be characterised as a modern, dynamic faculty, where the focus is on teaching together with scientific research. We are an institution where the term "research activity" and "scientific research" does not remain an empty concept. We have dozens of contacts with foreign experts and pedagogical and scientific institutions both on an individual and institutional level and provide excellent facilities for students and employees.
You can also find out more about us on our website https: // www. law.muni.cz/content/en/
Facebook or on LinkedIn of the MU Faculty of Law.
The Department of Civil Procedure focuses on scientific and educational activities, particularly in the field of civil procedure, non-contentious proceedings, enforcement proceedings, insolvency proceedings, and alternative dispute resolution.
Your job will include:
- participation in the teaching of subjects implemented at the workplace
- preparation of study and teaching materials, preparation of written tests and clauses
- involvement in research activities, including participation in publications,
- participation in the organizational support of research and teaching activities, including related
- Master's degree in Law from a Faculty of Law,
- Ph.D. degree,
- qualified interest in the field of civil procedure verified by concrete results (course of study, publications, presentations at seminars and conferences),
- pedagogical aptitude,
- prerequisites for independent scientific research activities,
- ability to teach and publish in Czech and English, knowledge of other languages would be an advantage,
- publication activity in the field,
- moral integrity.
- the background of a prestigious and successful institution,
- motivating and friendly environment,
- support for professional and personal development
- professional growth and continuing education,
- various employee benefits (8 weeks of vacation, pension insurance contribution, meal allowance, vaccinations (influenza and tick-borne encephalitis), advantageous Vodafone mobile tariffs, Multisport card, etc.).
Employment commencement date : from 1st March 2024 or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Contract type: fixed-term
Application deadline: 18th February 2024
How to apply:
Please send your application by the above application deadline - please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below, or the Faculty of Law website - Public Information - Vacancies)
Your application must include the following documents:
- motivation letter
- structured CV
- list of scientific and publication activities
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications
After successful submission of your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance by email.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person or online interview. The rules for the University's selection procedures can be found on the University's website in the Regulations on Competitive Selection Procedure at Masaryk University.
Information on the MU Processing and Protection of Personal Data can be found on the MU website.
Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, received the European Commission HR Excellence in Research Award for its human resources policy. We provide equal opportunities, promote diversity and strive to create a positive and satisfying working environment for employees.