All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.Posting Details
Join our SCF Registrar Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Paid Winter Break (upon Board approval), and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
This position provides support for the Specialist, Graduation for all functions of the Student Services area related to transcript evaluations and graduation. This position assists the Specialist, Graduation with determining graduation eligibility of students. The position involves having detailed knowledge of degree programs, programming, and completing degree audits for all students eligible for graduation. The position assists the Specialist, Graduation and/or Registrar Staff with daily operations and is responsible for preserving the integrity of student records, programs, and processes. This position provides services to students, advisors, faculty, and various departments.
Position Title Assistant, Graduation Requisiton Number 2011-00853 Job Description
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Receives requests to graduate and examines students' record verifying all requirements for graduation.
2. Reviews student academic history to include transfer credit, grade point average, course substitution(s), and completion of requirements.
3. Monitors CAPP and Degree Works, the colleges degree audit system, while verifying the accuracy of potential graduate records for the satisfactory completion of degree requirements.
4. Assists with training, interpretation, and processing of degree audits, exceptions, and catalog/degree requirements.
5. Provides assistance and serves as a liaison to Student Services and other key departments for degree audit and transcript evaluations for all degree programs.
6. Assists with the diploma printing process and the Diplomas on Demand software system.
7. Serves on Campus wide committees as assigned.
8. Prepares lists and submits names of degree candidates for supervisory approval.
9. Arranges documents, letters and other appropriate materials in students' folders
10. Assists with graduation email.
11. Assists with commencement ceremony activities as assigned.
12. Keeps abreast of all SACS, Florida Department of Education, SCF, and/or departmental policies and procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with college curricula and courses, transfer course articulation and experience with degree audits preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Office of the Registrar Campus Bradenton Work Schedule 12 month Work Hours From 8:00am Work Hours To 4:30pm Total Hours Per Week 37.5 Requested Start Date ASAP Job Type Staff/Administration Benefits Eligible Hiring Range $15.40-$20.60 FLSA Non-Exempt Job Open Date 08/25/2023 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Supplemental Documents