As an integral member of the professional services team within the School of Social & Environmental Sustainability you will be responsible for the provision of an efficient administrative service to support the school's wide ranging activities and enhance the experience for students and staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the delivery of an efficient and effective administrative service to support the school's various activities including liaison with key partners both internal and external to the School in the organisation of key resources e.g. tutors, visiting lecturers.
2. Responsible for the efficient organisation and facilitation of meetings, committees and relevant learning and teaching boards, working effectively with a range of stakeholders across the School, College and wider University.
3. Responsible for the coordination of student placements, working with internal and external stakeholders within defined parameters.
4. Provide general administrative support to the School's ongoing projects on an adhoc basis.
5. Provide all on course administration support across the School's portfolio of programmes at both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
6. Maximise customer experience, using knowledge and judgement to provide first-contact resolution for general enquiries relating to various activities across the school with minimal supervision.
7. Use standard software packages including Microsoft Office to manipulate and statistically analyse/ interpret data and preparing resources that inform the operational decision-making of the School's various committees.
8. Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement through identifying and supporting the implementation of process improvements to enhance the student and staff experience.
9. Use University business systems, including MyCampus and CMIS, to support effective record keeping, timetabling and other business information.
10. As part of the professional services team flexibly support the range of School activities as requested by the School Head of Professional Services.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 SCQF level 7 (Advanced Higher/ SVQ level 3, HNC) or equivalent or experience of personal development in a similar role.
B1 Knowledge of Higher Education policies and procedures.
C1 Excellent organisational and planning, skills with a proven ability to effectively prioritise workload.
C2 Ability to work accurately and efficiently to specific deadlines.
C3 Effective communication, interpersonal and influencing skills both verbal and written.
C4 Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, etc.
C5 Ability to work proactively as part of a team as well as demonstrate a high level of initiative.
C6 Strong solutions focused approach in supporting key stakeholders and implementing opportunities for improvement.
E1 Relevant work experience with qualification or ability to demonstrate the competencies required to fulfil the role having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role.
F1 Experience of working within a Higher Education environment.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 5, £25,138 - £29,605 per annum.
This post is full time and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 137608 Close Date : 13-Feb-2024 23:45