Position InformationPosition Title Adjunct, Diesel Systems Technologies
Open Internally or Externally External If faculty, tenure track status Not Applicable Reports to (title) Associate Dean Department Aviation/Related Tech-2N7 Requisition Number A23046 Position Type One Year Temporary Job Category Adjunct - Variable FT/PT Part-time Initial Work Location Westpointe Center Starting Salary $1000/Contact Hour Job Open Date 08/30/2023 Job Close Date 08/30/2024 Open Until Filled No Priority Review Date Job Summary
Under general supervision, advise/teach various adjunct Diesel Systems Technology courses which will lead students to acquire specific skills, certificates of completion, and/or an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Demonstrates and supports professional commitment to Diesel Systems Technology an the Cummins TAP program, assists students specific to TAP with program registration and graduation requirements. 2. Maintains current knowledge in the theory and practice of Diesel Systems Technology 3. Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization and Cummins TAP program
4. Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, program advisors and administrators
5. Provide appropriate and timely feedback for all responsibilities as requested
6. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
7. Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
8. Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
9. Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
10. Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
11. Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
12. Maintains professional and collegial behavior
13. Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days)
14. Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
15. Completes all required employee trainings
16. Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
17. Provides ADA accommodations as requested
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued Minimum Qualifications
Eight (8) full-time years of paid Heavy Duty Diesel Systems experience OR Six (6) full-time years of paid diesel work experience and Associate of Applied (AAS) degree, OR Four (4) full-time years of paid diesel work experience and Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. Degree must be in a related field. OR 2 years related school advisory experience for Cummins TAP program manager.
Bachelor's degree in Diesel Systems Technology or related field from an accredited College or University Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience in Diesel Systems Technology or a related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties Special Instructions
This is a pooled position. The department reviews applications as positions become available.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment. 2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within in 30 days of hire. 3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC's Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.
Salt Lake Community College is Utah's largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah's fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students' lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.
Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.
FLSA Exempt SLCC Information
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Required Documents