This role is ideal for someone who has some experience of working with web- based platforms in a communications and marketing setting and would like to develop a career working with digital content.
You will work closely with a small team of web editors and content creators with a primary focus on updating and maintaining key information on our website for a wide range of stakeholders. You will also create and support the delivery of digital content across a range of other platforms, ensuring that that is engaging, user friendly and aligned with the University's brand guidelines. You will ensure that content complies with regulations including digital accessibility, GDPR as well as SEO best practice.
You will be friendly, have an eye for detail and an ability to understand and communicate technical information. You will strive towards completing tasks in a timely manner while planning your workload around key dates and strategic initiatives. You will be proactive in engaging with and working closely with colleagues from around the University, building effective working relationships to work towards goals.
You will benefit from:
• Hybrid working pattern • Flexible working options • Generous pension scheme • 36 days paid annual leave (plus closure days at Christmas and local holidays) • an onsite nursery and sports centre • range of voluntary health and travel benefits .
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role against the requirements in the person specification.Job Description
RESPONSIBLE TO : Digital Content Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR : No supervisory responsibilities
PURPOSE OF POST: To update and maintain key information on our website for a wide range of stakeholders. Create and support the delivery of digital content across a range of platforms ensuring that content complies with regulations including digital accessibility, GDPR as well as SEO best practice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES :
• Support the delivery of editorial on the university web presence ensuring it is accurate and current
• Be a central point of contact for the website and other digital platforms
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues across the University
• Create engaging and impactful written and visual digital content
• Quality check digital content and ensure alignment with brand guidelines
• Develop extensive knowledge and understanding of the services that RGU offers, ensuring that website content is driven towards delivering strategic objectives
• Ensure digital content is accessible, user friendly and compliant with guidelines and regulations
• Manage web content lifespan including course information, documents, links and videos, ensuring it there is no out of date or misleading information on the web presence
• Assist in providing central governance and advice for colleagues involved in the wider University web presence
• Stay up to date with the latest web and digital content trends and best practice
• Provide support for the delivery of social media and email communications
• Ensure that university information on 3rd party websites is up to date and accurate
• Use analytics packages to produce reports about digital content performance
• Provide support for managing event registrations
• Assist with ad hoc tasks for digital marketing and web editorial colleagues BenefitsPerson Specification
Qualifications and Professional Requirements
First Degree in either Marketing, Computing or related discipline
Demonstrable experience of working in a web editorial or digital marketing and communications role.
Experience of planning and organising digital content for communications and marketing purposes.
Experience of using web technologies such as Content Management Systems in a commercial environment.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
Qualifications and/or membership of CIM IDM or similar
Understanding of web and digital analytics
Understanding of regulations such as digital accessibility and GDPR
Understanding of user experience and SEO best practice
Experience of working within the higher education sector
Experience of software used for content creation such as Adobe Photoshop, Spark or CanvaBehaviours
Behaviour 1: Decision Making - Experience of using own judgement to make decisions, making collaborative decisions with others to reach conclusions and providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others
Behaviour 2: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey both straightforward information, and information requiring careful explanation, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 3: Team Development - Experience of providing advice or guidance to new starts delivering training or instruction to others on specific tasks or activities
Behaviour 4: Service Delivery - Experience of giving customers a positive and satisfactory service, by providing accurate and up to date knowledge of services available in own and related areas of work