Continuing, full-time appointment
Teaching Focused Academic Level A Salary level, paying up to $102,820 pa
Plus 17% superannuation and 6 weeks annual leave
Darwin Waterfront Campus
Apply your passion and experience in Finance to teach students at CDU
About the Position
As a VET Lecturer / Workplace Assessor – Finance, you will contribute to the teaching effort of programs provided by the Business (Top End) team. This includes the preparation, delivery and assessment of students to the competency standards of the Financial Services Training Packing in line with best teaching practices and industry standards. You will facilitate competency-based training using a range of delivery modes including face-to-face, mixed-mode, workplace based, professional short courses, external and online delivery.
To be successful, you will possess:
- Education, training and/or relevant industry experience equivalent to completion of a Diploma of Accounting.
- Current qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116 or its successor) or the ability to obtain
- Demonstrated experience providing training either within a workplace setting or educational institution.
- Experience in researching and developing training tools to meet needs.
To view the responsibilities of the role please click on the: Position Profile
Appointment to this role will be at Teaching Focused Level A Salary and the base salary will be in the range $68,536 to $102,820 per annum. The total remuneration package will be in the range of $80,187 to $120,299 per annum including 17% superannuation.
What's in it for you?
- An employer who values your contribution to build a bigger, better and stronger university
- Work with a University committed to changing people's lives for the better through training, education and research
- An enviable lifestyle within the unique and spectacular Northern Territory
- Opportunities for professional development, paid study and career progression
- 17% superannuation
- 6 weeks of paid annual leave
- 20 weeks of paid parental leave, in addition to government payments (eligibility criteria apply)
- Recognition of prior service with another Australian University / NT Government for Long Service Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging opportunities
How to Apply
All applications must be received online via the 'apply' button and should include your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Teresa Schwellnus on 08 8946 8805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
At CDU we actively celebrate our diversity. We innovate, embrace new ideas, and act with courage and kindness. We're about what we can give to the world rather than what we take, and we believe in the transformative power of education. We work hard to make sure every member of our university community feels that they truly belong. Understanding that it is through our focus on our people and leveraging our differences that will make CDU the most connected university in Australia, we are striving to ensure that our culture and our community is inclusive of all our staff, students and visitors. We are committed to maintaining a culture where everyone feels respected, safe, encouraged to speak up and supported in achieving their professional goals. Applications from First Nations people, women at all levels, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disability, neurotypical and neurodiverse people, LGBTIQ+ people, people with family and caring responsibilities and people at all stages of their careers are welcomed.
You make CDU. And we want you to be exactly who you are.
Applications Close: Tuesday 27 September 2022