About the Job The Trades Engineering and Technology Electrical Department seeks to appoint suitably qualified and experienced teachers to meet expected further growth in 2023 and beyond. We are currently seeking a PAVE Trades Engineering and Technology (TET) Electrical Teacher to inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century. Working collaboratively within a team of dedicated education professionals, you will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies.
In this role you will plan delivery, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high-quality education and training programs. This role requires you to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients' needs teaching units of competency from our current Electrical Training Packages UEE30820, UEE22020 and Solar Accreditation courses.
About You To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
· Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, reflecting an understanding of successful approaches to Electrical teaching
· Demonstrated ability to foster and promote an inclusive, customised and safe learning environment and provide support and advice to a diverse range of students and clients
· Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in continuous improvement, and develop high quality teaching and assessment materials
· Builds constructive relationships with colleagues and generates ideas for improvements which includes demonstrating high level communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications · Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116
· Qualified ‘A' Class Electrician with significant experience
· Solar Accreditation or Qualifications and or Experience (Advantageous)
About Swinburne University of Technology Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
• Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
• Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
• Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
• Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
To Apply Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply' and you will be redirected to Swinburne's Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm, Sunday 29th January 2023
For further information about this position, please text Giorgina Gallagher via email at [email protected]
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact [email protected]
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact [email protected] or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Click here for Position Description Opens in new window