Posting Number PG192182TM
Position Number 48LP37
Position Type Temporary
Essential Job Duties
As an integral member of the research team, the Research Assistant/
Phlebotomist will perform a variety of duties in support of health research
studies including recruiting study participants, administering informed
consent, managing sample collection, and collecting, documenting, and managing
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Administer informed consent including describing study procedures as well
as risks and benefits of participation to study participants
2. Collect all data and samples related to the study (including performing
phlebotomy to collect blood samples) and work with the Project Manager to
ensure all activities are completed
3. Complete enrollment/follow-up of participants in person (in clinic, at
the participants home, in the office, or other desired location), using web-
based tools, by phone, and by mail
4. Process and manage specimens collected for the study
5. May perform other duties incidental to research activities as assigned
Is Time Limited No
If Yes, Appointment Length
Job City & State Raleigh, NC
Classification Title Temporary-Technical/Paraprofessional
Working Title UTS - Temporary Part Time Clinical Research
Assistant/Phlebotomist at NC State
Work Schedule part time hours - mostly evenings and weekends, this position
is as needed (on call)
Four-year degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of
related training or experience, or combination of training and experience
necessary to perform the work.
Department Required Skills
• Phlebotomy certification and at least 1 year of phlebotomy experience is
• Experience working or volunteering in an ethnically, culturally, and
racially diverse environment
• Proven ability to interact harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
• Ability to interact with individuals of all ages with a particular focus on
young children and infants
• Friendly and outgoing attitude
• Comfort and willingness to approach and interface with people in a community
and home visit setting
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and writing, organization and
• Familiarity with MS Office and other applications for data entry,
communication, and scheduling
• Ability to get to and from office to home/clinic visits in the greater
central North Carolina area and surrounding regions including ability to
transport study related supplies, samples, and documentation as needed
• Valid NC Driver's license, all mileage will be reimbursed
• Ability to operate and prioritize under strict deadlines within a team
• Exercises sound judgment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Leadership skills and proven track record of accountability
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
• Interest in public health research; an interest in or familiarity with
• Bilingual candidate (Spanish) is highly desired
• Previous research experience and/or familiarity with research and data
collection methods is beneficial
Required License or Certification
Valid NC driver's license.
Valid NC Driver's License required? Yes
Commercial Driver's License Required? No
Anticipated Hiring Range $18-23 an hour, DOE
Job Open Date 12/17/2021
Quick Link https: // jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/154790
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a
disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact
Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals
with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the
application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks.
Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree
is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to
have their degree equivalency verified at www. wes.org or equivalent service.
Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet
qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all
employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons
hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Please describe your phlebotomy experience, if any (e.g. amount of experience, age groups involved, any certifications).
(Open Ended Question)
How did you hear about University Temporary Services?
(Open Ended Question)
Contact Information for References