Posting Number: 0602878
Position Title: United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers
(Training Program July 19-23, 2021 ONLY)
Position is: Part Time
Position Type: Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Department/Ofc.: Economic Development
This position is for the Training Program July 19-23, 2021.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
• Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate
learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet
overall course objectives and program goals.
• Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic
• Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written
examinations and overall observation.
• Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth,
returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning
final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines
• Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting
individual students as needed.
• Participate in professional activities including, but not limited to,
curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection, program
evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
• Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
• Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Teaching assignments vary according to class schedules— classes will run for
one week only (5 days). The terms of employment are based on class
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to teach during Roofers Instructor Training Program July 19-23, 2021.
• Trade related teaching experience.
• Ability to communicate both written and verbally in a professional manner.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Roofers Member or Roofers trade partner.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide
range of abilities, ages, nationalities and cultures.
Posting Date: 05/12/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through
accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as
a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on
the success of our students, faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is
committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Salary/Hourly Rate: $60.40
Professional Instructor (Non-Adjunct) Academic Year 2020-2021: $906 per one
(1) course contact hour. The course contact hour divided by 15 equals the
clock hour rate (i.e., $906/15 = $60.40). Normally a three (3) credit hour
course in either Fall or Winter Semester would typically equal three (3)
course contact hours.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?