Posting InformationPosting Number 2023518
Posting/Functional Title UBA Specialist University Pay Plan Title Business Ops Specialist Location San Marcos Department Treasurer Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,917.00 + commensurate with experience Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of SAP and budget experience · Higher education experience · ERP experience
· SAP experience · Budget experience · Concur travel experience · Procurement experience · Database and Microsoft Excel experience · Human resource onboarding experience · Exemplary customer service skills · Ability to easily adapt and learn quickly · Demonstrated initiative · Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills · Highly proficient written and verbal communicator · Ability to prioritize work efforts
Responsible for processing the day-to-day financial and human resources operations for their specified business unit.
· Provide error free day-to-day financial and human resource operational processing for specified business units · Provide excellent customer service · Proficient in university business processes in order to be able to assist customers in process improvement. · Provide instruction to faculty and staff on various university business operations and system processes. · Provide error free and timely processing of crucial operational documents such as procurement, travel, budget, and hiring. · Be a liaison between specified business unit and back office financial processing to ensure timely and efficient processing. · Form Standing Operating Procedures (SOP)s to ensure internal organization and external customer processes are understood and followed.
· Utilize Microsoft Office outlook, email, Teams, Power Point, Excel, Word, and other software to communicate with university customers.
· Be organized and have diligence with tracking tickets, processes, and actions to required timelines · Review business unit operations and fill out customer needs assessments, recommendations, and assist the customer with direct application of transactions · Work collaboratively with financial departments to ensure operations are effectively addressing related customer needs · Assess and provide feedback on multiple financial systems to find improved processes · Attend online and in-person trainings in human resources, budget, contracting, accounts payable, and other operational departments of the university to become the subject matter expert in business operations processing. · Utilize customer intake processes and forms to actively listen to customers, coordinate necessary training needs, and/or hands on assistance with customers
· Use university website, department portals, virtual calls, and presentations to effectively train customers in business processes
· Develop presentations, factsheets, website, or other teaching frameworks to create easy to use products for customers
· Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants Job Open Date 04/26/2023 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, recommendation letter(s), and list of references to your application. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! • Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more! • Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program • Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs. • An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus • Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you'll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link https: // jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/42454Applicant Document
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().