To undertake a range of duties principally at the undergraduate level associated with the teaching and assessment of the relevant target language, particularly in its spoken forms, and to undertake associated administration as requested by the Head of College/School/RI/Service in order to contribute to College/School/RI/Service teaching and learning objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To deliver a range of teaching activities within the specific subject specialism, principally at undergraduate level, to the ultimate achievement of College/School/RI/Service teaching objectives.
2. In conjunction with the relevant class convenor contribute to the development and use of appropriate course materials to ensure that content and methods of delivery meet learning objectives.
3. To participate in the assessment process using a variety of methods and techniques, including oral assessment, and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning. Where required, to assist in marking Undergraduate student assessment.
4. To supervise practical work, advising on skills, methods and techniques to assist the transfer of knowledge.
5. To undertake limited departmental administrative duties as requested by the Head of Section or College/School/RI/Service.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 A first degree in relevant subject specialism
A2 Apt. level of knowledge and expertise in the subject specialism in order to deliver course material.
C1 Excellent communication skills both oral and written in both the target language and English
C2 Excellent interpersonal skills
C3 Ability to work independently and as part of a team
C4 Time management skills
C5 Ability to accept collegiate responsibilities and act accordingly.
E1 Broad teaching experience at undergraduate or equivalent level
E2 Proven track record in teaching
Vacancy Ref : 128111 Close Date : 30-Jun-2024 23:45