To contribute to the delivery of an excellent student experience by undertaking a range of teaching, assessment and administrative duties at undergraduate level, in relation to programmes delivered in the School of Mathematics & Statistics, as requested by the Programme Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of teaching.
2. Deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities directed towards the delivery of subjects.
3. Participate in a range of course administration duties, within required timescales, including effective communication of information, marking, assessment and timeous constructive feedback.
4. Assist with the development of appropriate teaching materials ensuring content and methods of delivery meet determined learning objectives.
5. Contribute to the effective use of learning technologies to support and enhance course delivery, course organisation, feedback and assessment. This may involve blended and/or online provision including the use of Moodle and other IT materials.
6. Apply specialist knowledge to teaching that best meet the needs of individuals and groups of learners, ensuring an inclusive and evidence-based approach that promotes student participation and learning outcome attainment.
7. Participate in the full assessment process using a variety of methods and techniques, including oral assessment, and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students that supports their learning.
8. Assist with the supervision of student projects and any practical work, advising on skills, methods and techniques to assist the transfer of knowledge, and respond appropriately to the diverse range of learner support/ needs.
9. Engage in continuing professional development activities as appropriate.
10. Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Programme Director.
11. To contribute to the enhancement of the University's international profile in line with the University's Strategic Plan.
SCQF Level 10 (Honours degree) in a relevant subject or a cognate discipline, or equivalent.
Ideally working towards professional teaching qualification or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Expert knowledge of the subject area.
Experience of delivering and supporting undergraduate students either in an online, distance learning or face to face environment.
Experience of supervising, mentoring or teaching students in practical and active learning environments.
Relevant administrative experience (e.g. student support, course administration etc.)
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Ability to use IT and relevant software packages to support teaching and learning.
Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work to deadlines.
Commitment to the University's published values and professional behaviours.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 6, £32,332 - £36,024 per annum pro rata.
This post is offered on a fractional basis and is fixed term.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 125588 Close Date : 31-Jul-2024 23:45