Position InformationJob Title Tutor, Professional, Spanish
The Center for Academic Engagement Professional Spanish Tutor provides tutoring to enhance the learning of students in specific subject areas. As a provider of learning support, the Professional Spanish Tutor responds to the individual needs of students by personalizing tutoring strategies and methodologies.
Use a variety of tutoring techniques to meet students' learning needs.
Integrate effective study, learning, writing, and reading strategies to maximize students' potential for academic progress.
Conduct group tutoring sessions and workshops as needed.
Collaborate with Center for Academic Engagement staff, faculty, student support services staff, and other college constituents to deliver a comprehensive learning support program.
Maintain a positive, professional, learner-centered environment.
Develop resources for student, faculty, and staff use.
Follow and communicate Center for Academic Engagement policies and procedures.
Keep accurate records of tutoring sessions.
Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance learning support skills.
Promote the college's tutoring program during outreach activities and events.
Demonstrate and model the college's employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Participate in job-related workshops and training to enhance job performance.
Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
Difficult Challenges Contacts Education Required
Associate degree or junior standing from/at a regionally accredited postsecondary institution with documented successful completion of undergraduate coursework in Spanish or native speaker with approved coursework Demonstrated expertise in Spanish coursework.
Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution
Previous experience providing learning support and/or instruction
Three years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction Previous work experience in an educational institution Experience tutoring and/or instructing English language learners Experience tutoring and/or instructing students with disabilities Proficiency in using learning management systems (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard)
The Professional Spanish Tutor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Professional Spanish Tutor must be able to:
2. Respect diversity and promote an inclusive, culturally responsive environment
3. Adapt to procedures, protocols, or assignments
4. Communicate and promote the Center for Academic Engagement with a wide range of individuals and constituents
KSA Preferred Department/Job Specific Requirements
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
1. Must be able to get to other offices, buildings, campus locations and off- site locations as necessary to complete requirements of the job.
2. Must be able to work flexible hours.
3. Physical requirements include periods of sitting at a computer and standing.
4. Must be able to lift, pull/push and carry up to 20 pounds.
Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Posting Type Part-Time Staff
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 2022-040-TEMP-P
Open Date 05/09/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed To Apply