Position InformationJob Title Tutor, Professional, Office Systems
The Center for Academic Engagement Professional Office Systems Tutor provides tutoring to enhance the learning of students in specific subject areas. As a provider of learning support, the Professional Tutor responds to the individual needs of students by personalizing tutoring strategies and methodologies.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Difficult Challenges Contacts Education Required
The Professional Tutor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Professional Tutor must be able to:
2. Respect diversity and promote an inclusive, culturally responsive environment
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols, or assignments
4. Communicate and promote the Center for Academic Engagement with a wide range of individuals and constituents
KSA Preferred Department/Job Specific Requirements
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
1. Must be able to get to other offices, buildings, campus locations and off- site locations as necessary to complete requirements of the job.
2. Must be able to work flexible hours.
3. Physical requirements include periods of sitting at a computer and standing.
4. Must be able to lift, pull/push and carry up to 20 pounds.
Other: Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Posting Type Part-Time Staff
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 2021-055-TEMP-P
Open Date 05/09/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed To Apply