Posting Number 2014S0333P
Position Number N00275
Position Title Teacher Part -time
Anticipated Start Date 12/20/2021
Full-time or Part-time Part-Time
Exempt or Non-exempt Non-Exmpt
Hiring Salary Range
• Certification in Early Childhood Education or degree in related field.
• At least 2 years of experience working with young children in an early
childhood setting preferred.
Job Description Summary
Creates a learning environment where young children can learn and construct
knowledge as a result of meaningful experience (instruction) that support
the social/emotional, academic, and physical development of the learner.
Strives to incorporate developmentally appropriate activities that are both
age-appropriate and individually appropriate for each child.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promotes, plans for, and encourages children's play.
• Provides balanced instruction that addresses the development of the
intellectual, social/emotional, and physical abilities of the student in an
environment that is structured, but not rigid.
• Plans for and implements developmentally appropriate learning activities
that support the current thematic unit.
• Prepares materials for activities and connects children to resources that
support their learning.
• Helps children develop by modeling, assisting, and encouraging participation
in a variety of activities and appropriate behaviors.
• Writes weekly lesson plans that support the thematic units.
• Makes observation/informal assessment of children's learning, play, and
• Provides ongoing communication with parents concerning their child's
educational program and growth including the Weekly Report to Parents.
• Participates in the development of thematic units.
• Thinks of and conducts self as a valued member of The Children's School
• Cares for and keep school materials clean, organized, and in their proper
• Keeps assigned area clean and organized and assists in the cleaning and care
of common areas (big room, bathrooms, hallways, playground).
• Sets up, cleans up, and supervises lunch and snack and assists students with
bathroom, hand washing, and other life skills as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Is knowledgeable about and delights in children's development.
• Values children's play.
• Reliable, hard working and dedicated to helping young children develop
academically, socially/emotionally, and physically.
• Is knowledgeable about young children's thinking and behavior and of
developmentally appropriate activities.
• Ability to engage constructively and sensitively with young children.
• Ability to observe and take advantage of young children's thinking in a
variety of situations.
• Ability to work constructively with staff in a team situation.
• Willingness to be creative, playful, resourceful and flexible.
• Expects continuous change and challenge.
• Is willing to take risks and make mistakes.
• Is a passionate advocate for young children and NAEYC guidelines.
• Ability to articulate TCS philosophical and theoretical framework in the
context of children's learning.
• Sense of humor.
• Good communication skills.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Cabrini University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's
job performance must support and exhibit the University's core values:
RESPECT calls for care and compassion in regard to diversity, our environment,
social justice and civility in resolving conflict:
VISION calls for a spiritually-based outlook when seeking solutions, courage,
a pro¬ active stewardship of all present and future resources.
COMMUNITY calls for common mission, ethical responsibility, a sense of
belonging, dialogue in decision making, enthusiasm for enterprise,
participation in celebration of our values and traditions.
DEDICATION TO EXCELLENCE calls for positive attitude, commitment to lifelong
learning, personal and professional growth, pride in accomplishment,
fulfillment of common goals.
Cabrini University is a Roman Catholic institution dedicated to academic
excellence, leadership development and a commitment to social justice. The
University welcomes learners of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds and
prepares them to become engaged citizens of the world. Recognizing that
diversity of all kinds is a vital aspect of the higher education learning
process, Cabrini University is committed to building a more diverse faculty
and staff community that reflects our student body and enhances the value of
our student's education.
Applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are
Open Date 11/19/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().