Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit class teachers who are highly skilled
practitioners, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching
experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was
co-created by headteachers, teachers, early years practitioners, support
staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners. It sets out clearly our
expectations for our class teachers, namely that they are practitioners who
demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further
enhance their skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
• hold an appropriate secondary qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and
skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment
process will be invited to attend:
• Classroom observation
• Short Leet interview
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience
and attributes that they can bring to this post.
Start Date: September/October 2022.
Classroom observations may/may not take place.
This post is temporary until 30 June 2023.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG