Title InformationWorking Title Student Worker
Student Worker $ Amount (Hourly or Assignment Rate) 11.50Position Details
Position InformationPosting Number S5502023
Department Name STEM Institute The hiring departments available work study funding is: Position Summary
Job Description: The UCA STEM Institute is seeking a responsible and organized Student Worker to manage resource checkout operations. This role involves overseeing the materials available for borrowing, maintaining an organized system for resource management, and providing exceptional support to patrons utilizing the STEM Institute's resources
● This position requires approximately 15 hours per week, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
● This is currently a Fall Semester (15-week) position with the possibility of renewal in the Spring Semester.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Resource Management:
○ Organize and maintain an inventory of resources available for checkout, including books, equipment, and other educational materials.
○ Regularly update resource availability and condition in the institute's database or tracking system.
○ Collaborate with STEM Institute staff to identify and acquire new resources based on the needs of patrons.
● Checkout Process:
○ Assist patrons in the process of checking out resources, ensuring they understand borrowing guidelines and policies.
○ Record and track borrowed materials, due dates, and return status in the checkout system.
○ Send reminders to patrons regarding upcoming due dates and facilitate renewal requests.
● Resource Organization:
○ Ensure that borrowed resources are returned promptly and in good condition.
○ Organize returned resources on designated shelves or storage areas, maintaining a tidy and easily accessible arrangement.
○ Conduct periodic inventory checks to reconcile physical resources with the database records.
● Patron Support:
○ Provide courteous and knowledgeable assistance to patrons seeking information about available resources.
○ Offer guidance on selecting appropriate materials based on patrons' needs and interests.
○ Address inquiries, concerns, and technical difficulties related to the checkout process.
○ Communicate effectively with STEM Institute staff to relay updates, report issues, and contribute to the overall improvement of resource management procedures.
○ Collaborate with other team members to ensure seamless operation of the resource checkout process.
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The STEM Institute may update or revise this job description as needed.
University, Campus, and Community Description
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Central Arkansas. Founded in 1907, UCA has an enrollment of more than 10,000, of which more than 15% are graduate students. The university offers more than 90 undergraduate and 60 graduate certificate and degree programs, including doctoral programs in five disciplines. The undergraduate student body consistently scores above the national average on the ACT exam. UCA is proud of its tradition of teaching excellence and its contributions in research, scholarship, and creative activities. UCA seeks to attract students and employees that are dedicated to building a culture of diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity.
Posting Detail Information
Employment is contingent upon the availability of funds and course enrollments
UCA EEO Statement
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of gender, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Open Date 08/22/2023 Close Date 09/30/2023 Special Instructions to ApplicantsPosting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Applicant Documents