First SectionPosition Title Student Worker - Men's Basketball Team Manager
Position Approval Date 08/21/2023 Is this position budgeted? Is this position an essential position? About Susquehanna
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https: // www. susqu.edu.
The Men's Basketball Team Manager will be responsible for attending practices and games to assist the team as needed. This position is defined as a non- exempt position under FLSA regulations.
· Set up practice equipment
· Keep clock/record stats during practices
· Have balls ready as team moves from drill to drill, keep balls in rack during practice
· Assist coaches in uploading and downloading practice and game film
· Prep for games by working with equipment manager
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Detailed oriented
· Ability to learn quickly
· Be able to work on a team and independently
Foster an inclusive and supportive athletics environment, one in which students – athletes, coaches and staff are ALL IN to achieve, lead and serve.
First Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior. All Majors.
No experience required.
On and off SU Campus wherever practices and games are played
· This position is paid $7.25 per hour, with an estimate of 15 hours weekly.
· This position could include evenings and weekends
· Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
· Position requires the ability to move about the campus.
· Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction.
· Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach.
· Position requires occasional stooping, crouching, and bending.
· Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
· Working conditions are indoors.
Preferred Qualifications Special Instructions to the Applicant Benefits Eligible No Number of Months 9 months Additional Work Schedule Details? Hours per week during the academic year (39 wks) 15 Hours per week during the summer (13 wks) Status Non-Benefits Eligible Posting Date 08/21/2023 Closing Date 10/31/2023 Full-Time/Part-Time Temporary Open Until Filled No Anticipated Start Date Posting Number AH01027Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().