To lead a team with a key role in the operational support of the University's student records system and the development and implementation of student record related projects. You will work in partnership with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of relevant policies and business processes to achieve high quality student records management and a positive student experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leadership of the Student Records Team, including the motivation and development of team members, the planning and management work and the delivery of effective service to customers. Also includes annual Performance and Development Review for team members.
2. Effective management of student records processes including a range of tasks associated with the set-up, management, and processing of student records, according to agreed standards and procedures to meet objectives and stakeholder requirements.
3. Support student records users by providing information, advice and guidance on the correct processing and administration of the student record and the application of relevant policies and procedures.
4. Build and maintain effective partnerships with Services, Schools and Colleges and promote a pro-active approach to the maintenance and quality of data.
5. Analyse and develop business processes to support the student records system and make recommendations on enhancements contributing to continuous improvement and a better experience for users. Ensure new processes are embedded into business as usual.
6. Membership of working groups and projects relating to student records processes and systems.
7. Support the implementation of new student records functionality in MyCampus and procedural changes to the student record and ensure good communication with stakeholders. Lead user acceptance testing for new student records functionality on behalf of Registry.
8. Development of user-friendly resources, including user guides and training for staff who work with student records.
9. Provide specialist advice to stakeholders by developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of student records management in the sector and participating professional networks.
10. Undertake other duties commensurate with the grade as deemed necessary, including relevant training and development activities.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar or number of different roles. Or, Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, (Ordinary Degree, Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4), or equivalent (including professional accreditation with relevant formal training), and experience of personal development in a similar or related role(s)
B1 General knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, or codes of practice in relation to student records
B1 Knowledge of student administrative and support systems, process design and improvement
B2 Understanding of the functionality of the Campus Solutions or comparable student records systems
C1 Proven initiative and judgment to resolve problems independently and/or through a support team
C2 Commitment to continuous improvement and a pro-active approach to preventing and solving problems
C3 Excellent IT skills with ability to adapt to new systems and understand IT systems supporting complex processes
C4 Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
C5 Proven ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and maintain momentum.
C6 Proven people management skills
C7 Effective team worker
E1 Relevant work experience, related to or transferable to student records or other relevant experience at a responsible level.
E2 Experience of utilising an IT system in managing large scale complex processes
E3 Proven experience of problem solving, planning, organising, and setting priorities in a complex and pressurised working environment
E4 Experience of managing and developing a team to deliver services or administrative support
F1 Experience of working in student records
F2 Experience of business process analysis and project management
F3 Experience of the development and delivery or training
F4 Experience of reporting
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 7, £37,474 - £42,155 per annum.
This post is full time and open-ended. Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/ , benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 106609 Close Date : 29-Jan-2023 23:45