STUDENT ASSISTANT (M/F/D) – REINFORCEMENT LEARNING FOR RENEAWBLE ENERGY
09.06.2021, Studentische Hilfskräfte, Praktikantenstellen, Studienarbeiten
fortiss is the research institute of the Free State of Bavaria for the
development of software-intensive systems with headquarters in Munich. The
scientists at the institute cooperate in research, development and transfer
projects with universities and technology companies in Bavaria, Germany and
Europe. The focus is on research into state-of-the-art methods, techniques and
tools for the development of software- and AI-based technologies for
dependable, secure cyber-physical systems such as the Internet of Things
(IoT). fortiss is organized in the legal form of a non-profit limited
liability company. Shareholders are the Free State of Bavaria (majority
shareholder) and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten
Forschung e.V. www. fortiss.org
Student Assistant (m/f/d) – Reinforcement Learning for Renewable Energy
• Find the appropriate market design and mechanism for decentralized energy
• Research and simulation of typical energy usage behavior (profile) of
various user group e.g., residential, industry and commercial users.
• Modelling of energy trading in the context of reinforcement learning
(state, action and reward setup).
• Integration of energy trading in reinforcement learning simulation
environment e.g., OpenAI Gym.
• A registered master student from at least 3rd Semester with good grades.
• You study electrical engineering, power engineering, computer science,
mathematics or physics.
• Basic understanding of energy trading including but not limited to P2P,
• Solid knowledge in object-oriented programming (Python) and Reinforcement
• Practical experience with deep learning framework such as PyTorch or
Tensorflow is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills in English and fluent German is a plus.
• The contract length is three months. An extension of the contract is
• Suitable master thesis.
• Knowhow in doing cutting edge ML research.
• Insightful research meeting and tech talks.
• GPU computational resources.
• Flexible working conditions (home office during the pandemic).
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV
and a current transcript of records.
Contact: Zhiwei Han
Kontakt: Zhwei Han
https: // recruitment.fortiss.org/