Pay Transparency Act: Western University of Health Sciences is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, and relevant qualifications.
Classification Series DetailsFunction College of Dental Medicine
Family Administrative Support Classification Series Title Coordinator
Full Salary RangeMinimum $24.81
Expected Pay ScaleMinimum $24.81
Posting DetailsPosting Number S01284
Position Title Student Affairs Coordinator Position Status Full-time Campus Western University Campus-Pomona, CA Department 1901-College of Dental Medicine Job Summary
Provide a variety of administrative tasks and projects in support of the overall operation of the Office of Student Affairs, including but not limited to Operations, Community Outreach and the Dean's Office. This position reports directly to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Good computer skills necessary to set up document formats in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and any other software program required by this position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with administration, faculty, staff, and students effectively and professionally.
· Organizational skills necessary to prioritize workload to meet long and short-term deadlines.
· Excellent ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet all deadlines.
· Able to stay on task despite multiple interruptions.
· Detail-oriented, adaptable, flexible, and creative in managing workflow.
· Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and sequentially.
· Able to work in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
• Event planning experience is highly desirable. Experience planning large scale events such as multi-day college orientation and commencement.
· Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Experience in creating schedules of activities, preferably in an academic setting.
• Language ability to produce clear and concise reports; reasoning ability to problem solve quickly.
• Must be able to prioritize and schedule opportunity for resolution of problems.
High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
Must have a valid Driver's License
Must maintain a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) that satisfies the requirements of the WesternU Vehicle Use Policy
List comments regarding work hours
M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends will be required through out the year.
Posting Date 05/12/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
Student Affairs Office Job Functions
• Provides primary support for the College of Dental Medicine Office of Student Affairs.
• Manages the general day-to-day student affairs operation matters, student organizations, student files and refers students to resources.
· Manages communications with other University departments when Assistant Dean for Student Affairs is unavailable.
· Resolves student inquiries via email, in-person or by phone and directs inquiries to appropriate university personnel or resources.
· Acts as an information resource for students and other employees as relates to college Student Affairs Dept.
· Provides direct support to student organizations and class officers.
· Assists student organizations and class officers with weekly, monthly and annual program planning events, fundraisers, and supply needs.
· Coordinates college student organization activities in conjunction with University Student Affairs policies and procedures.
• Provides support and staffing for student related activities, which may occur on evenings and weekends.
• Oversees and triages Student Affairs requests received via OTRS, office visit or telephone.
• Responsible for Room Scheduling for Office of Student Affairs.
· Manages college award processes.
· Manages travel arrangements for students, administration and faculty.
• Oversees invited speakers request, scheduling and event set-up, and breakdown
• Oversees senior check out process and senior transition documentation.
• Schedules meetings with students, faculty, SGA, and Assistant Dean for Student Affairs.
• Oversees lockers for students.
• Assists in maintaining social media presence to engage students and alumni, including developing promotional and marketing communication pieces.
• Provides support to CDM Committees (i.e. Student Affairs and Special Events Committee's and others as needed).
• Assists with data management utilizing various technology; (Sharepoint, Examsoft, E-Value, MS Office Suite, Banner, Banweb, etc.)
Percentage Of Time 60 Job Duties
Student Affairs Event Job Functions
• Principle member of student affairs and college event planning team, involved in all aspects of events including budget, venue selection, site visits, contracts, set-up and breakdown. Events include and are not limited to, Welcome Week Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, College Banquet, Deans Picnic, Thanksgiving Dinner, Holiday Luncheon, Honors Day, OKU Dinner, Senior Dinner Dance and Commencement related activities.
• College liaison to university-level planning committees.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duties
General Administrative Job Functions
• Supports college administration and faculty in meeting planning and management as pertains to Student Affairs Dept, Dean's Office and Operations.
• Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of filing systems, database management, and assists with special projects.
• Processes check requests, assist in budget process, provide customer service and support to internal and external customers.
· Manages all aspects of travel reimbursements for all student organizations and assists in tracking costs related to the Student Affairs Dept.
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duties
Other duties as assigned. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties for this position. The College of Dental Medicine reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Percentage Of Time 5Physical Demands
Physical DemandsDo the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
WesternU Policy requires persons employed by the University to provide proof of vaccination against the SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19), subject to limited exemptions, regardless of whether the employee is on-site or working authorized to work remotely. Exempted employees, or those whose status of full vaccination is pending, will be required to submit to regular COVID-19 testing for in-person/on-campus work assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to operate a PC in the performance of job duties and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, sit and operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must infrequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus, and adequate vision to allow for the safe operation of a motor vehicle.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of the Student Affairs Coordinator are normally performed in an office setting. The noise level in this setting is usually moderate due to the open design of the office. Duties are normally performed in both indoor and outdoor settings.Applicant Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)