Duke University and Duke University Health System require all students, faculty and staff to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.STAFF ASST
Requisition Number: 231868
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Durham, NC, US, 27710
Personnel Area: MEDICAL CENTER
Date: May 5, 2023
School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Faculty Support Duties:
· Scheduling and maintenance of clinical and non-clinical calendars for a group of 12 faculty members
· Maintenance and reconciliation of FDA and Discretionary expense accounts
· Assistance with grant, manuscript, and book chapter submissions including formatting, bibliography, End Note library creation, requests for letters of support, table or figure creation and/or formatting, site uploading and document conversion
· Formatting of any requested documents
§ Organize and maintain faculty electronic and paper files - correspondence, credentialing, licensing and certification, reference materials, publications, memberships, FDA expenses.
§ Maintain CVs for all faculty in the division
· Prepare and submit faculty dues, membership, travel, and reimbursement expenses.
· Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements and registration for seminars and conferences. Schedule appointments and meetings with variousdepartmental/divisional faculty, staff, vendors, and committees.
§ Assist with meeting agenda preparationand have available supporting documents prior to meetings.
§ Assist faculty in the preparation ofpresentations and publications.
§ Arrange, schedule, coordinate, andtrack activities for division faculty, faculty facilitators, visitors andlearners.
§ Assist the ESPS (Equipment)committee Chair by scheduling monthly meetings
§ Act as key personnel in researchstudies according to DOCR guidelines -Complete required trainings (CITI, HSR,Data Integrity/Security, etc) and adhere to policies
§ Assist in data collection, createcomplex reports, and maintain accurate records for national registries andmulti-faculty studies
§ Act as finance point person forthe faculty members ([email protected], corporate cards, andother SAP databases)
Divisional Support Activities:
· AssistDivision Chief with CDE productivity reporting. Use QGenda to track clinicalproductivity.
o Gatherand oversee faculty schedule requests andcreate preliminary clinical schedules
o ReconcileCDE and OT totals for division using QGENDA and divisional spreadsheets forCDEs
· Communicatewith other departments on monthly basis for schedule updates
o Organize congenital heart caseschedulebetween pediatric and adult cardiac groups.Organize Eye CenterExperienceschedule between Anesthesia and Pediatrics as well as AnesthesiaandEmergency Department
· Independentlygenerate complex and detailed presentations and reports for the Division Chief.
· Collating,arranging and organizing financial information for the Division.
· CME Associate for various conferencesand meetings, which includes completing applications, composing facultyinvitation letters, agenda creation, meeting/conference arrangements,participant correspondence, financial accounts, and all event planningaspectsof the conference.
· Fellowshipcoordinator ensuring fellowship compliance andworking with all divisionalfellows.
o Responsible for maintainingaccurate records for each fellow and overall fellowship
o Coordinate applicationsforfollowing fellowship year, including recruitment, timely response ofcorrespondence with applicants, maintain applications, create itineraries forinvited applicants, and ensure compliance based on NRMP standards when makingand submitting rank list
o Work withfellow for orientation,didactics,evaluations, information disseminations, and graduation according todivision, department, Duke, and ACGME guidelines
· Responsiblefor onboarding new Pediatric Anesthesia faculty members -Maintaining DMRchecklist and executingall onboarding tasks
· Compileinformation based on anesthesia records for research/QIprojects and organizeinformation
The abovestatementsdescribe the general nature and level of work being performed byindividuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to beanexhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnelsoclassified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATIONAND/OR EXPERIENCE
The intent of this job description is to providea representative and level of the types ofduties andresponsibilities that will be required of positions given this titleandshall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific dutiesand responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed toperform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in thisdescription.Minimum Qualifications Education
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.Experience
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh