Position InformationTitle Staff Assistant to the Executive Director
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater's accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our institutional values , which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mission of the Martin Richard Institute for Social Justice at Bridgewater State University is to build knowledge about civics and social justice, to develop skills for advancing social justice through individual and collective action, and to serve as a catalyst for actualizing Bridgewater State University's commitment to advance social justice with impact in the region and beyond.
The Staff Assistant to the Executive Director is a valuable member of the team who helps the MRISJ fulfill its mission and achieve its goals by (1) maximizing the Executive Director's productivity and efficient use of resources, (2) supporting Institute events and activities, and (3) maintaining professional and collegial relationships with campus and community partners.
Supervision Received: Executive Director, Martin Richard Institute for Social Justice
Supervision Exercised : None.
This position is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type APA Professional Essential Duties
1. BUDGET: Use university systems to oversee purchases, expenditures and payments from MRISJ budget and transfers to and from MRISJ budget. Monitor and track MRISJ budget and provide regular updates and reports to Executive Director to maximize efficient use of financial resources. Contribute to budget preparation requests and reporting for internal BSU departments and external funders.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Working cooperatively with the Institute's leadership team, provide flexible administrative support for the Institute's myriad in-person and online programs and events. This includes but is not limited to meeting, event and activity preparation, logistics and follow-up, participant registration and tracking, and contact database management. Procures goods and services needed to support MRISJ operations. Access campus spaces and other resources (e.g., catering, University Events, copying/printing, University announcements and calendars, etc.) to plan and execute successful MRISJ events and meetings. Schedule meetings, respond to requests for meetings for Executive Director, and support meetings with materials preparation, notes, and follow-up. Support MRISJ team with event promotion and marketing upon request.
3. COMMUNICATION: Share and transmit information between MRISJ, campus offices, and external vendors and partners. Communicate with other campus offices about the Institute's needs. Request support services (e.g., IT, Facilities) as needed from other university offices. Maintain the MRISJ database and mailing list of internal and external partners. Create a welcoming environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors at the Institute and campus events by advising them of Institute and campus resources. Serve as backup monitor for MRISJ phones and emails, forwarding information and/or messages as needed.
4. TRAVEL: Provide travel support for MRISJ Executive Director, staff, and MRISJ-affiliated students by inputting authorizations, reimbursements, expense reports, and mileage. Support MRISJ staff and affiliated students to secure University fleet services, ride share programs, and vendor transportation for MRISJ activities, including local and domestic group travel. Work with University Travel services as needed to support travel needs of MRISJ guests and speakers.
5. REPRESENTATION/LIAISON: Represent MRISJ at campus and community events upon request. Attend meetings with campus and community-based partners that are closely aligned with MRISJ's mission and strategic plan to share information about MRISJ and share community concerns and priorities with MRISJ staff.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
To succeed in this role, you will need:
1. Commitment to customer service excellence and collegial support in order to enhance an environment of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
2. Experience using and basic levels of proficiency with a wide range of technology and software platforms, including the Microsoft suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and others), Bridgewater State University systems (i.e., Banner, Concur, and others), and willingness to learn and continuously improve skills on a variety of software programs and tools used by the MRISJ as our needs evolve.
3. Ability to work nimbly and creatively, and to be highly organized, proactive, and able to multi-task in support of regular and evolving processes, meetings, and events.
4. Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
5. Ability to communicate appropriately and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and community partners.
6. Resourcefulness and ability to anticipate administrative and communications issues in advance and solve them as they arise.
7. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
8. Ability to engage collaboratively in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications Work Environment
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https: // cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv &layoutid=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
COVID -19 Vaccination Requirement
This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
An employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and are strongly encouraged to test weekly through the university's Wellness Center. We are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome, and included.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Salary Range $50,000 - $60,000
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number S00925P
Open Date 02/14/2023 Application Review Start Date Close Date 03/15/2023 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed To Apply