£25,642 rising annually to £27,929 Full Time, Permanent - Professional Ser
This is a full time role working 37 hours per week. We also have a part time role available click here
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with a passion for sport and active lifestyles; we are seeking to recruit someone with a real desire to have a positive impact on the lives of others, whilst delivering customer service excellence in a fast paced environment; working within a large team of equally driven colleagues.
As a Sports Duty Manager, you will have a varied role ranging from managing sports facilities, supervising colleagues, dealing with customers and attending team meetings. You will be responsible for ensuring each shift runs smoothly, opening and closing responsibilities, conducting facilities checks and pool water tests. You will provide management cover across all aspects of the sports centre whilst on shift. You are the main point of operational contact, helping wherever necessary, making sure customers are happy and ensuring your team are where they should be at the right times. We are looking for a strong team player with skill, energy, and determination to help drive and develop the business alongside a team of like minded individuals. This role also gives you the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business in preparation for your next career step. Some responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- To help lead and manage the day to day running of all facilities
- To help lead and deliver operational excellence of the facilities
- Ensuring a welcoming front of house presence is always delivered
- Assuming responsibility for centre operations on a shift rotation basis, including key holding, opening and/or closing the centre
- Coordinating the efficient and effective deployment of your team
- Carry out fitness instruction, reception cover, and pool supervision as trained and required
- Pool water testing and plant room management
- Financial reconciliation and banking duties
- Carrying out relevant and required Health and Safety checks
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and visitors.
In this role you will work cross site between our Headington Campus and our Harcourt Hill campus.
- Have a passion for sports and active lifestyles
- Have some experience of working in a customer service role; whether in hospitality, retail or leisure
- A National Pool Lifeguard qualification or willing to work towards obtaining this qualification. A pool test will be required before interview, see below:
o Jump/dive into deep water
o Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
o Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
o Tread water for 30 seconds
o Surface dive to the floor of the pool
o Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
- Must be passionate about great customer service
- Must be willing to work a flexible shift pattern including early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Should understand relevant health and safety legislation
- Should have excellent verbal communication skills
- Should have confidence and an approachable nature.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University.
What you will get:
- Excellent personal development opportunities
- Opportunity of mentorship with senior staff at the University
- Access to sports facilities
- An opportunity to be challenged and learn.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym, and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
The University has adopted equality, diversity, and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
If you feel like you have the required skills and experience, please complete the application form.
If you would like an informal discussion, please contact Jamie Buxton to arrange a call or meeting. Point of contact: Jamie Buxton, Operations and Compliance Manager [email protected]
This role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the points based immigration system, however applications are welcome from candidates who don't currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a visa via another route.
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed. A copy of the DBS Codes of Practice concerning background checks is available for all applicants, upon request.
To email the role of Sports Duty Manager to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=141119 Closing Date : 08-Feb-2023 Vacancy ID : 141119 Faculty or Directorate : Estates and Campus Services Location : Sports Harcourt Hill, Oxford For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 16-Jan-2023