Working Title Social Work-BSW (Assistant Professor)
Position Type Faculty
Division Academic Affairs
Department College of Nursing and Health Science
Unit Social Work
Location Rochester, MN
Full/Part Time Full Time
Employment Condition Fixed Term (9 Month Appointment)
POSITION : Social Work BSW
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins 8/23/2021
RANK /TITLE: Assistant Professor
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Fixed Term
SALARY : Commensurate with rank and experience
APPOINTMENT DATE: January 2022
PRIMARY LOCATION: Rochester, MN
Bargaining Unit/Plan 209, IFO
· Teach components of the generalist social work BSW curriculum. The incumbent
would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited
Policy, Practice, Research, Field Education and Seminar.
· Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media
commensurate with department and university needs.
· Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of
· Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance
· Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
· Provide service to the university and community including the program, the
department, the college, the university, and the greater community. Support
Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social,
cultural, and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve.
· Assist with programmatic accreditation.
· Assist students with the completion of their senior capstone projects.
· Master of Social Work from and accredited school of Social Work.
· Two (2) years of post MSW practice experience
· Licensed in social work in the State of Minnesota or ability to be licensed
by start date.
· PhD, DSW, EDD, or ABD preferred in social work or related field
· Prior experience working with students
· Experience in teaching
· Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
· Experience with and commitment to generalist social work practice
· Ability to provide field supervision of students
· Experience teaching in social work content
· Experience with transfer programs and adult learners.
· Experience and commitment to community engagement
· Experience in research and/or supervision of student research
· Experience with diverse populations
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to working as a member of a team
· Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
A complete online application will include the following:
1. A cover letter that addresses the qualifications listed previously
2. Current Curriculum Vitae / Resume
3. A statement explaining your personal or professional experiences in
working with diverse populations (such as persons from differing race /
ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, gender, or mental and physical
ability) as well as how the applicant would contribute toward a diverse and
inclusive academic and employment culture and community at Winona State
University. Statements should be 1 page or less
4. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
5. List of 3 references with contact information
About Winona State University : Founded in 1858, Winona State University
(WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and
universities. Today WSU serves approximately 7,500 undergraduate and graduate
students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona
State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News &
World Report's “Best Colleges,” was listed among the “Best in the Midwest” by
The Princeton Review, and named as one of “America's 100 Best College Buys.”
Benefits : WSU offers a comprehensive benefit package including life,
health and dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee
and dependents, as well as a variety of other benefits as defined by the
individual Collective Bargaining Agreements.
For information on our benefits (Medical and Dental Insurance; Life
Insurance; Disability and Long-Term Care; Pre-Tax Benefits; and Health and
Wellness), please refer to SEGIP's website
For information on Minnesota State's Retirement Plan(s), please go to:
https:// www. minnstate.edu/system/hr/employees/retirement/index.html
Posting Number 2021/202201
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date 01/06/2022
Position End Date (if temporary) 05/14/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Accept Applications Yes
Special Instructions Summary
Posting Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Winona State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to
the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an
affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from
women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you have a Masters in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work?
Are you licensed in social work in the State of Minnesota or able to be licensed by the start date?
Do you have two (2) years of post MSW practice experience?
Documents Needed to Apply