All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.Posting Details
Join our SCF Nursing Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Oversees the management of the nursing skills lab on a college campus. Organizes and maintains equipment and materials, consults with faculty and assists department manager in the general oversight of the instructional laboratory. Provides supervision to lab assistants and student assistants as required. The Technician will be responsible for collaborating with all campuses to ensure appropriate lab utilization across all instructional sites.
Position Title Skills Lab Technician Requisiton Number 2011-00843 Job Description
1. Collaborates with Level Coordinators on activities to promote student learning activities throughout the curriculum.
2. Manages the schedule of activities among programs that share space in the Nursing Skills Laboratory.
3. Recommends to the Director of Nursing Programs, operational changes to enhance the effectiveness of the Nursing Skills Lab in serving students and faculty members.
4. Participates with faculty to ensure that the use of the laboratory is supervised.
5. Prepares and sets up for scheduled lab sessions/skill checkoffs and supervised open lab practice sessions.
6. Assures routine cleaning of physical space and equipment.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
8. Interfaces with sales representatives, suppliers of equipment and supplies, and biomedical technicians.
9. Schedules tours of laboratory upon request.
10. Supervises student assistants, tutors, lab assistants, and others assigned to assist in the laboratory as required.
11. Provides appropriate OSHA postings, brochures, and equipment and supplies.
12. Assures disposal of industrial waste according to College and OSHA standards.
13. Facilitates student-learning opportunities through flexible scheduling of laboratory hours.
14. Assists the Director of Simulation to survey faculty annually to determine needs for new equipment and to evaluate operations of the skills laboratories.
15. Under the direction of the Director of Simulation, initiates development of policies and procedures for utilization of lab.
16. Under the direction of the Director of Simulation, completes annual inventory of supplies and equipment.
17. Manages disposal of equipment as per the SCF policy.
18. Performs the duties of Simulation Center Technician as scheduled by the Director of Simulation.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Associate degree in a related field and two or more years of relevant experience required: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: One or more years as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees/student assistants, and assisting others with problems is required.A
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Nursing Campus Lakewood Ranch Work Schedule 10 Month Work Hours From Varies Work Hours To Varies Total Hours Per Week 37.5 Requested Start Date ASAP Job Type Staff/Administration Benefits Eligible Yes Hiring Range $15.80-$23.20 FLSA Non-Exempt Job Open Date 04/06/2023 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)