Position InformationPosition Title Skills Coach
Posting Number 01967SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range - Position Type Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 08/21/2023 End Date 03/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift daytime hours Work Arrangements
This position will work out the Douglas College Burnaby Training Centre site and YWCA and Manufacturing partner locations in Vancouver.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
This role is responsible to work collaboratively with partner colleagues and the Skills for Success Coordinator to develop and deliver Skills for Success training for work in manufacturing with racialized populations.
· Invigilate and interpret skills for success assessments
· Administer social emotional self-assessment tools
· Debrief results with clients in relation to their career pathway goals
· Support individual learners to develop Skills for Success for manufacturing
· Meet with clients to debrief assessments, conduct informal assessment and develop customized individual learning plans as needed;
· Assign self-directed learning modules and monitor progress as required;
· Provide coaching to achieve desired learning to a range of learner levels;
· Monitor client progress and adjust individual learning plans when needed.
Develop and deliver curriculum that scaffolds learning to build Skills for Success incorporating authentic workplace documents to assist participants to: · Develop applicable reading, numeracy, writing, digital, communication and social emotional skills
· Understand occupation specific language
· Develop the skills needed for success at work in manufacturing
· Evaluate learners at regular intervals and provide feedback;
· Encourage peer mentorship and learning in small group sessions;
· Maintain participant progress records adhering to privacy requirements;
· Maintain organized electronic file system of curriculum with instruction guides;
· Provide Skills for Success support and education to project partners at YWCA and Northwest Skills Institute; - Maintain organized electronic file system of curriculum with instruction guides; - Participate in ISO quality management systems and program guides;
Additional responsibilities as required
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail InformationOpen Date 08/09/2023
Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online on the Douglas College Career Site www. douglascollegecareers.ca. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https: // www. douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10558Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)