Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Researcher
Posting Number 21TM0295
Department SEBS-Dept Marine & Coastal Science
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Researcher
for the Department of Marine & Coastal Sciences.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Runs phytoplankton culture-based experiments as part of an NSF funded
project exploring the role of nutrients in driving host-virus interactions in
Hours Per Week 37.5 hours/week
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary $20.00-30.00/hr
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
•Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
•Requires a minimum of two years of related experience.
• Phytoplankton and bacterial culturing experience.
• Sterile culture techniques, experiment design experience, analyzing data
using R, writing up results for publication.
• PhD in Marine Science or equivalent.
• Post-doc experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Flow cytometry, fast repetition rate fluorometry, Spectro fluorometer,
epifluorescence microscopy, R, excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Physical demands require standing for extended periods of time during
Posting Open Date 06/09/2021
Posting Close Date 06/16/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Cook (RU-New Brunswick)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you possess the minimum required education?
Do you possess the minimum required experience?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application