Title InformationMinimum Salary or Salary Range $72,828 Position Details
Position InformationPosting Number NC2252023
Working Title Senior Director of Development, College of Business (COB) Department Org 200100 - Office - Institutional Adv Why should you work at UCA?
We are excited that you are considering joining the UCA Family—the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make the University of Central Arkansas a great place to work!
At the University of Central Arkansas, we value our employees striving to maintain a work-life balance. We realize that this affects the overall well- being of employees, while learning to prioritize challenging work and the ability to make a difference. Participation in university-wide remote work days may be available for certain positions. Training is provided on systems or job-specific software, and tools are available supporting professional and personal development. The benefits package allows you to customize your benefits to meet your current needs, and the ability to adjust them as your priorities change. This includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, 80% tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a retirement program with university contributions of 10% of employee salary. Also available are health and wellness incentives, as well as access to sports and cultural activities on campus for the family, free gym membership (HPER) and equipment rentals.
The University of Central Arkansas is seeking a dynamic and highly organized professional as its Senior Director of Development for the College of Business (COB). This position will work closely with and report to the Associate Vice President for Campaign and Development and works in coordination with the Dean of the College of Business. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing major gift fundraising strategies in support of the University of Central Arkansas' mission and goals. The potential candidate will primarily serve the COB in supporting its initiatives and priorities with the interests and passions of donors advancing successful major gift partnerships. This position will also focus on the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of making a deferred gift to the University, regardless of their academic background or affiliation.
UCA is in the final year of a comprehensive capital campaign, UCA NOW. There is great momentum for success for the university overall and fundraising specifically. We have exceeded the overall participation goals for the campaign and are significantly ahead of the monetary goal compared to time lapsed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Stewardship
● Partner with Associate Vice President, Dean, Department Chairs, and Program Directors to establish fundraising priorities for the college
● Develop meaningful, productive relationships with a portfolio of major gift donors including alumni, friends, parents, and community business partners designing successful cultivation and solicitation strategies for them for major and planned gifts
● Coordinate programs and meetings with various College of Business partners and stakeholders, including the College of Business advisory board, naming committee, executive in residence program, and speaker series program(s).
● Work with Senior Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations staff as needed to help cultivate a pipeline of major gift donors for the future
● Work with Office of Legacy Planning staff as needed to help identify, cultivate, solicit and steward legacy gift donors
● Identify, recruit and train volunteers who will support the Dean of COB and his/her fundraising initiatives
● Accompany senior University administrators, the Dean, department heads, faculty and/or volunteers on cultivation and solicitation calls
● Assist with solicitations for sponsorships for the programs that support COB programs and units, including the Arkansas Insurance Hall of Fame
● Assist with solicitations for sponsorships for the annual gala, Laurels & Stripes
Work with Director of Donor Relations as needed to develop and coordinate an effective program of recognition, involvement and stewardship for major gift donors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge of major gift fundraising ● Ability to form and fully leverage cross-functional teams of colleagues, volunteers, and academic/University leaders toward closure of major gifts ● Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write effectively and persuasively; draft compelling proposals and letters ● Exceptional professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to accept input as well as supervisory guidance ● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities
Skills Considered Essential for Success
-Knowledge of the organization and administration of higher education. -Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations and procedures. -Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment. -Ability to work collaboratively and independently with common goals as a part of a team. -Ability to make sound judgments. -Effective interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational abilities. -Civility in all interactions. -Demonstrate effective follow-up.
Required Education and/or Experience
Preferred Education and/or Experience
● Master's degree ● Higher education fundraising experience ● Demonstrated track record of securing major gifts ($25,000+) by strategically managing a portfolio and fostering meaningful relationships ● Business professional knowledge and/or experience ● Experience with Raiser's Edge NXT and Gravyty Raise
University, Campus, and Community Description
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Central Arkansas. Founded in 1907, UCA has an enrollment of nearly 10,000, of which more than 20% are graduate students. The university offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate certificate and degree programs, including doctoral programs in six disciplines. The undergraduate student body consistently scores above the national average on the ACT exam. UCA is proud of its tradition of teaching excellence and its contributions to research, scholarship, and creative activities. UCA seeks to attract students and employees that are dedicated to building a culture of diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity.
Desired start date 09/01/2023
Position Summary and QualificationsLicense(s)/Certifications
Physical Demands Checklist Sitting, Standing, Walking, Climbing Physical Exertion Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry, financial history background check and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UCA EEO Statement
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Open Date 08/16/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Some nights/weekends required. Occasional travel required.
Open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through https: // jobs.uca.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Applicant Documents